Break OR Rest

This choice crosses the minds of so many people the successful or the success pursuers, since it's to rest and stop working for a period of time specially after continuously progressing for a long period of time or to accomplish so much work ( more than usual) in short time (less than usual). Pauses are useful, fruitful, and effective to your soul and your path; since it refreshes the soul: it adds up to the fuel ( desire) you always use to motivate and make your powerful will, it relaxes the mind so it would produce new ways to achieve, new productions ( results), or shines a new idea or other goals, not to forget that pausing leads for the body to relax or recover from it's wounds. It also may high up your spirit more and make it more positive and ready to face the obstacles that awaits you. 

    HOWEVER, it must be controlled well, unless it will be the fall of what you have built or the lost of your path inside of you ( the desire weakens), or even the disappearance of the high spirit you had ( not forever, but it will need effort and time to reclaim), plus it might affect your path negatively turning it to much tougher and longer path; not because it must be that way, but because you spent too much time of relaxing that your progress reaches under 0, there's much to do in order to get back to where you stopped last time. 

   So this is a sensitive choice that requires good almost precise calculations that it's okay to stop there at that time after what happened, due to the fact that it might be the development or the fall ( not completely since the desire is still there, but it might cause you to fall to lower levels you have done before). It happens when people aren't aware of the difference of BREAK and REST specially it's conditions to be the right choice. Either way, I will explain the points they differ at and which would be the best choice to take:

1. The duration of time

BREAK: a short period of time off from what you were working on. 

Minimum: 1 day

Maximum: 1 week

REST: a long period of time off from what you were working on.

Minimum: 1 month

Maximum: 3 months

2. Reasons ( which they are similar at except for some that need short time or long time according to the person way of doing it or the time taken to do so)  :

a) To heal and recover

B) To spend fun time.

C) To distract yourself

D) To visit the love ones

E) To change your daily routine

F) To deal with an emergency

G) To relax from the hard work or pressure.

H) To earn some money

I)To fulfil a goal

3. Activities ( which are done either alone or with a human being(s)

-Doing a hobby ( drawing, reading, writing, playing an instrument or a sport, watching, cooking)

-Trying sth new ( game, food, place, ...etc )

-Traveling to new/ different/ old amusing places ( cities, countries, a landscape, or a continent...etc)

-Meeting up with people ( new people or the love ones)

-Working for a salary.

-Having a normal comfortable day.

-(Whatever the new goal you are pursuing requires)

4.Conditions

A break:

*could be taken in the form of one or two days every week ( just like the weekends).

*Should be taken after progressing well even if it won't affect that much on your goal. Get use to reward yourself with break to do whatever after progressing and the more you progress above the usual the more your break duration of time higher up ( till it hits the maximum) depending on how suitable that is for your success.

*Should be spent by sth that won't harm you physically or physiologically , or cause harm to your progress and work toward your truly desired goal. Breaks are meant to refresh you in order to get back to your success field ready and not to slow you down on your path.

*When choose suddenly for a reasonable reason, you should try as much as the emergence stands to lessen the time needed to finish it up, plus you should be aware of the negative results that might probably await you after your done, so try to decrease them as much as possible.

*If bad unbearable ( not literally, but it would take too much time and effort to regain) harmful effects will happen due to your sudden unfruitful cut from work, then choose which is worth facing the bad consequences of the other. 

A rest:

 *Should be taken after a deep long consideration and thinking, if it was worth it, reasonable enough, suitable at the time being, and won't lead to worser results than the reason behind the rest.

*Should also be enjoyed to it's limits ( as much as possible) and let yourself benefit from it for the sake of yourself and your success.

*Should be taken ( if there were no urgent reason) after you work so hard for a long time and develop yourself to an advanced level ( pass a huge step) so your reward ( the long time without work) would be well deserved according to your marvelous achievement.

*Should it's first priority be to fulfill it's main reason before paying attention to other things along the way.

*Should be used wisely and usefully without any harms done on your path to success

*If the break works for the current reason, then it's better to take a break instead of taking rest.

*Control yourself not to go beyond the deadline for the rest and convincing yourself that it's enough and that it was fun and positively effective for you.

*When choose suddenly for a reasonable reason, you should try as much as the emergence stands to lessen the time needed to finish it up, plus you should be aware of the negative results that might probably await you after your done, so try to decrease them as much as possible.

*If bad unbearable ( not literally, but it would take too much time and effort to regain) harmful effects will happen due to your sudden unfruitful cut from work, then choose which is worth facing the bad consequences of the other. 

__________________________________

ECXEPTIONS: 

    If you should have a rest or a break for an important reason ( can't be delayed or it would turn out badly), but in the same time taking such a thing would lower you down on your path to success, then try to specialize time from your break/rest time to work a specific amount( less than usual) of progress in a certain period of time without canceling the duration mean to be taken as a break or rest.

   If you fear you will lose interest in your goal if you leave it for a long time, then keep thinking about it every day and what are the plans or strategies you will follow when the break/rest time ends ( which is such a great excellent thing to do that will push you more when you get back on your path).