An expert from my story, "Desire first then a will"

(After I had met unintentionally four famous people the day I was travelling to my beloved country, I asked them to tell me about their life and how they have succeed. The creative artist, Hala, was the third to share her part of story, that proves her point about optimism specially in the face of life obstacles)

Hala started telling her part of story with an excited tone, a story that she was proud of: " I , my friends, have done the opposite of what my lovely mother and my dear father had done and hoped, and I desired a goal that hadn't been accepted to happen again in our family, especially after what my sister had done," , then she drew on her face a smile full of enthusiasm as she passed between our faces with her eyes like a kid, telling his curious friends, about a big adventure she went through.

"I was a girl who loved to play around and have fun in my childhood, and I hadn't care much about the school. I didn't want to study a lot, but instead, I wanted to play with my dolls or a ball with my little brother. My parents didn't like how I was careless about my education back then, but at that time they were patient on me, hoping that would change about me. However, that time wasn't forever, when I turned 8 years, in my third grade in school, they became upset with my continuous play without any interest in studying, especially as they hoped for me ,my great sister and brother to become well-known excellent doctors, since my father was well-known among people, he was a head minister in the government. I kept avoiding studying and trying to get rid of it whenever I could, instead go to my sister's room, where I sometimes watch movies with her or go out together to buy some tasty desserts . I was always excited to hear the ending of whatever story she told me before , especially the fantasy and first-perspective point of view stories that were about a hero who is optimistic and reach what he/she aims to no matter how difficult it is. Eventually, I began to admire the books that I started reading after I got inspired about the whole thing, that I read with great enthusiasm to read the next. In the age of nine years, I decided to search for what is fun in what I don't like, like the school. I figured that it would be fun to participate in the competitions that were held there. To be honest, back then I lost most of the competitions and return home depressed, but once I hold a book or hear a story about positivity, I forget what happened. Once in the fourth grade, I participated in a drawing contest, but I felt the urge to win and draw the best painting, and I worked at it, but of course I did not win, and I felt frustrated. When my sister knew about that , she came to me and asked me why I had put so much effort in this kind of competitions unlike the other competitions I shared in, so I answered that I was impressed by my friend's painting and I thought that was fun, especially that I enjoyed drawing. She told me to try again to draw something I love in case I hold the talent or not, like the talent of that artist she once told me about.

On that day, I stared at the doll I played with back then and tried to draw it, and then I showed it to my sister. She said that I was good and I should improve my drawing more and more if I considered it as a talent for me. Since that time, I started drawing and showing my art teacher whatever I draw, although she gave me harsh comments and instructions but they were positively effective and useful. Whenever I felt that it was difficult for me , I remember my desire and feeling of pleasure whenever I draw, so I smile and continue. The teacher was strict and accurate no matter how young I was, I sometimes got so tired and somehow suffered to hear a good comment from her. My sister recommended that I keep reading the books about people who had a desire, and so a powerful will to overcome the obstacle to reach their goals. This encouraged me to be optimistic and to stand up to my life obstacles. At the age of ten, my parents started pressing on me to study. They told me that if I wanted to sign in an art academy, I had to excel in studying, so in seek of improving my talent, and I studied hard with the help of my sister, and so my grades became more excellent than before, but not the level that they wanted, and so I was prevented to sign in in the first semester of my school. After all that, I was close to losing hope but I was stopped because of my passion for drawing. I put more hard effort and took more interest in my studies in the second term. I succeeded and snt a request to the Institute in the summer.

There were many competitors and the Institute is not licensed or easy to register. There are professors of art who decide if the person who wants to join deserves joining. They chose who shows his/her talent of drawing creatively . Unfortunately my register got refused since my drawing hadn't had what it takes to join that institute. I got shocked when I heard that news and I felt so depressed that I cried all night. The next day, I woke up and noticed a statement on my desk next to a book saying, "Failure is half way to success," so I decided to read it. I was impressed by the extent of the sincerity and effect of that statment, especially among the famous talented artists .After that, I paid a visit to my art teacher and told her what the art professors said about my drawing and I shared with her my plan to practice harder and improve the flaws of my drawing . I spent the whole summer practicing more seriously and accurately than ever before. I realized my way to achieve my goal is long and hard, but my desire is stronger. In the following year, I participated in a drawing competition in my school, which I won amazingly, and the school got impressed by my wonderful drawing. And I did not forget to excel in my grades, so my parents would allow me to sign in the Institute, and so I succeeded and was accepted to join. There was literally the need to practice every day and pay a big attention to every word that the instructors say there, and to apply everything I learn in my drawing for the best drawing competition between the classmates after each explained lesson. The competition was intense and not as easy as the school. They were creative artists like me who keep practicing day after day. Sometime I had ben the best of them and other times the worst. All this happened in the winter, but in the first term in school, I was drawing what I admire every Friday and I felt the huge difference between what I drew after and before entering the Institute.

During that time, my sister was about to join the university, and she wanted to be a dessert chef in a shop where her delicious made sweets would be sold. She had to specialize and study the vocational education subject, although she preferred and wanted to cook rather than teach that subject, but in case she needed money . My parents absolutely refused and didn't accept such a subject for my sister to teach. She needed a month to convince them to let her do and work what she want. Finally, they let her hoping that I will achieve their hope of me becoming a doctor. After passing all the stages of my education l in order to stay in the institute. One day, my mother and father asked me what I would study in the university and which subject would I specialize in. I answered : an art teacher, but they got upset and told me that they would not pay for the institute if I didn't study in the medical field specially after what my older sister chose. Yet, I tried to explain that I desired to study art and work in that Institute, since I love drawing and therefore I would love to teach what I am passion about, in the Institute, where students are interested and have the desire to draw . Before all that, I participated in an international competition in the Arab world where I presented my best paintings of creativity and excellence. A month passed and my parents did not agree to t my choice, but unintentionally they witnessed on TV the news of me winning the first place in that international Arab world drawing contest and my superiority in that competition. In the end, they got easy on me and were persuaded of my extent of creativity in the art field .

     Since then they have been proud of what I have become."

    From the morals of this story, is to be positive about the critical comments you hear about your talent them and work on  in order to improve,  stick with your desire in order to succeed and continue your path to reach your true goals, is not to give up your talent and passion in front of time, to fight for your talent specially if your parent disagreed by defending  your talent and proving  it in front of them with the suitable way that will make them convinced not forced.  

     Next time: I will try to upload the last expert, and then start with the new chapter. 

       Don't forget to leave your comment about this story.