LEADERSHIP

EASIER SAID THAN DONE, that applies on being a leader of a crew, staff, or a team, pretty tough position. However, the results in development and success are high and vital as much as they are  hard to gain. 

   WHO IS THE LEADER ?  

    A leader is the person who truly desires the position of guiding and being in charge of a group of people and who's willing to be and do what it takes to benefit them and himself/herself by ensuring that all of them along with himself/herself do their given role to reach a common goal. So no one can become a true strong effective leader for his/her followers unless he/she truly desires  to be so and so he/she will have the true will to truly become so, other than that he/she will fail their position and lead the others dragging himself/herself  to destruction eventually. 

   HOW TO BE A TRUE LEADER ? 

   There are main characters that the leaders must hold in their souls  ( heart and mind) and which they will use among the followers:

* Responsible: to take all the blame and to deal with the consequences not only of their steps (actions, decisions, and choices) that they take while accomplishing their mission, but also the commands, plans, and decisions involving all the group. Anyone who takes a step should be responsible for what it causes. Being responsible doesn't only involve taking the blame but also doing what should be done to avoid such negative consequences, although sometimes they are not controllable ( obstacles that will show up for anyone in life)  but precautions should be taken from the start and the fact that anyone who does the job well, will gain fruitful positive results. Not denying that every follower should also be responsible of the steps taken while doing the assigned role which also involves the leader and the other followers. However a leader's steps can cause more damage if they weren't taken wisely than the followers, that's why leaders should be prepared and capable of dealing with the consequences no matter what they are. Although, if the steps were truly for the sake of reaching the common goal which all followers agreed to take  and sth went wrong unexpectedly even though precautions and strong defenses were taken, then the leader and the followers should take upon themselves the consequences. A leader should also be responsible to know who's fault was what happened or what caused it. 

* Open for suggestions: since they involve their steps with the followers then they also should involve the followers with the steps in certain points. No one's prefect including the leaders which means they sometimes intend to need  some suggestions and opinions that they couldn't come up with and which followers might have. Instead of acting bossy or ignorant to not take their ideas and point of view in mind, be open to them since they might give more strong effective ones that haven't crossed your mind. Moreover, it's up to leaders to decide in the end which suggestion to follow. If leaders were the only source of suggestions and opinion, then there will be certain number of productions for their steps, but the more they open or even consider the follower's suggestions and take the good effective ones , more different or even better productions will be gained after taking different steps than the leaders only suggest. Leaders should keep this character and apply it since the importance in this team is reaching the goal not being a leader. 

 * Tolerant: they will have to deal with every follower in the group in a way or another, and they will sure deal with different personalities either the ones they like or disagree with. Some can get on their nerves so much  or would tire them with their negative habits. In the other hand, they might be of use to their leaders, in other words they are too important to fire. Even if the followers weren't that good in the first place, their leaders should give them chances to proof they are worthy of the role they are given. Leaders should also consider the importance of numbers for certain missions( not meaning to use the followers inhumanly). Moreover, if they ever had to make a contract or cooperate for the sake of their team development with other outsiders who they dislike or disagree with, in this situation it's essential to get it over with. To be able to tolerate people you find hard time with, you should have the patience and flexibility not to get what you are doing with them out of hand. As long as your top goal is the improvement of your team, then you should put yourself in an uncomfortable zone. 

  * Confident: Leaders should be sure of their strategies, plans, or even contracts upon their teams, since it would determine if they will step forward, stay still, or move back. Not only for taking a step ( action, decision, choice) but also their commands and decisions among their followers, to show how stable they are with their position. Who would want to follow a hesitant doubtful leader ? Being a confident leader is reclaiming the rightful place in front of  the followers. Planting in some confident in your actions and saying adds more strength and attract the trust of others in you. Why not if you believe what you are doing is right and is what you truly want? It also show how serious what they are aiming, doing, or ordering is in front of their followers. 

  * Realistically ambitious: setting big goals and aiming for high targets is very vital for the whole team. It might seem hard or too much but as long as they are not dreams ( wishes) but rather goals ( achievements that can possibly happen if hard work is there), they are realistic to be reached. Not only hard work is needed but sacrifices ( to spend so much time and give up rest for a while) and well effective strategies to follow, and not to forget cautiousness. If leaders base their ambitions of their team on those main elements, they could accomplish them and even go beyond their limits in order to raise. Don't crush your skills and capability to do anything you truly want into small goals close in hand. Go wild and always look high , the stars are shining in the space not on Earth. Don't let your circumstances cage you from raising. Whatever is that you truly desire, your will will be as powerful as your goals are. Value your ambitions, for they are what shines you among the stars. 

  WHAT DO LEADERS DO ?