Forty-four Note

Streyla Freigh

Girls like to feel the feeling of being a princess even just a night, especially when she wears a gown, people are waiting her to go down stairs as the surroundings got dark and the spotlight is on you, all people at that event will mesmerize by your beauty and as you go down, a warm hand of a boy, who is your prince will be there and hold you like the most precious thing in the world and going to hold you carefully, as you are like a fragile thing he doesn't want to break.

Sadly, I am Streyla Freigh, a girl who now wants to choose her happiness but destiny is playing at me, destiny never let me to be happy, I guess I need to live without that word in my vocabulary starting this day. The day of me being in jail forever, my engagement day.

I will never feel the feeling of being princess by the man I love because technically, I will be with the man who loves someone else like mine.

"You must be excited"

Napatingin ako sa salamin habang nakangiti sa akin ang baklang nag-aayos sa akin, ang make-up artist ni mama sa salon nya. Kita sa mukha nya ang tuwa dahil sa kaalamang, ang anak ng kanyang amo ay maeengage na at parang may plano na sa buhay kahit I am just a 17-year-old girl!

I sigh and look at the mirror in front of me, I am now wearing a make-up and he is now doing something in my hair.

"Don't be nervous. Your price is out there. Tiyak, excited na din yon. If only I am a girl like you, bakit kasi ako pinanganak na iba ang physical na anyo?! Babae dapat ako eh" reklamo nya at gusto ko sanang matawa dahil dito but I don't have the energy to laugh.

If only you knew, I wish I am not in this situation.

"Matagal pa ba to?" tanong ko at tinuro ang buhok ko.

"medyo pa. hahaha. Ikaw excited ka masyado! Sayo na sya, you're engage!" pagkakantyaw ny but I never smile because right now, I want to shout all of these feelings I want to shout.

"I tell you a story" pagsasabi ko at naexcite naman sya habang ako ay linunok ang laway upang pigilan ang luha. "there's a girl who live in the world where her parent's decided what she must do and must not" pagsisimula ko nd Yes! I am that girl!

"Ay grabe naman yan! Sino? Kakilala mo bebegirl?" sabi nya habang inaayos ang buhok ko at may linalagay pa. Tumango naman ako.

"I know her more than anyone" sabi ko. "that girl once fell in love but sadly, in the day of her 15 birthday, that boy left him without any reasons and after a year she knew he's been engage the whole time" sabi ko at napalunok muli.

"hala! So ang ibig mong sabihin bebegirl na linoloko nya lang si girl?" sabi nya at umiling naman ako. That was what I thought first.

"No. he said, he just did that because he wants to spend the remaining days with the girl he loves before he will marry someone he doesn't love. She didn't understand it at first especially when she knew he pretended to be the boy she adored when she was still young. The boy who is her first love" sabi ko at medyo napangiti pa nang maalala si Zky but that vnish at the thought of last night, he let me go and leave knowing how painful it was for him and so with me.

"so nagsinungaling sya para lang makasama ang babae? What love really can do to someone who feel it. So, sino talaga yong first love nong babae?"

"he was her mentor in the instruments she loves because of him. She doesn't know that her mentor is that boy but she still fell in love with him but the thing is, because of the pain her ex gave to her, she was afraid to be hurt and she is still holding the past, thinking he will be back. She doesn't still let him go and she thinks she will be going to hurt the boy she loves now because of that, but then, when she already wants to hold him it's too late, she was also engage with someone else and that's also the reason why her ex broke her up because of his plan fighting her love to her is already useless but the thing is, the boy begged for him to stay with his side for seven days and after that he will let him go" tumulo ang luha ko at nagulat siya ngunit nagpatuloy ako. "she doesn't know that she will be like her ex, choosing the man she loves even for a day just to feel the real love even for a moment. Now, she understands her ex."