Twentieth

Streyla Freigh

"What's the point if I like him okay? My feelings here is nothing Lei! His feelings is the matter here." Sabi ni Cheska habang tinatanong ni Lei kung bakit ganun na lang ang tutol nya sa engagement gayong gusto nya naman si David.

"But Che....."

"Look.... I like him, I really do to the point that I'm willing to sacrifice my own feelings just to make him happy." Sabi nya at napatigil naman kami.

"How about your feelings?" Tanong ko at napangiti naman ng pilit si Cheska.

"How about me? I'm still breaking Eyla but I can hold the pain, I can endure it just to see him smile. Sacrifice is part of Love, and I'm doing it. I don't want to become selfish. I can't stay holding his hand while he's thinking with someone else. I can't stay in his side when I know that I'm not the one he is wishing to be with. I don't want him to be miserable just because of me." Sabi nya at tumulo na naman ang luha nya. " I heard him...." pinunasan nya muna ang luha bago kami titigan. "I heard him talking to the phone yesterday, I'm at their building because Migo called me that he needs my help and so I go there. Obviously, I don't break the rule, I'm an officer of the whole Campus and I can go there anytime. Unfortunately, I'm on my way to their Classroom when I saw David talking to the phone in the locker room, he's opening the door that time to enter it and so I followed him, secretly." Sabi nya at parang inaalala pa ang nangyari kahapon.

"And then?" Tanong ni Trix.

"Your cousin is talking with someone. He said he wants to marry the girl he wants to marry. He will be happy if that day come, he looks forward for that day. My world stop for a while, syncing the words he uttered. Processing it and after that, I.... I almost fell in the ground."

Napatingin kami kay Cheska na namumula na ang mata ngunit hindi parin nawawalan ng luha.

"I think I already accept it, I already accept it and I'm convincing myself that its okay, I'm just his fan anyways,  but after hearing it, I know I'm more than a fan. I know its beyond love. And it hurts a lot that I hear it that he really love someone else."

"But you're his childhood friend, you can still steal him to that girl." Sabi ni Cess kay Cheska. Napatingin naman kami kay Cess.

"Steal? Matagal ko na sanang nagawa yan Cess but his love to his girl is so strong that I'm nothing compare to that girl. Besides, I can't. I can't steal his heart. I envy that girl cause she have the person I wish in the wishing star for almost of my life. He's easy to love and I hope she will love him the way I do. And in order for me to grant the wish of him, I let him go. I-i let him go to the Jail that our parents made for us. I let him go to the chain, I want him to be free. I want him the freedom of loving her for the rest of his life."

----

Kasalukuyan na akong nasa kwarto ko. Lumipas na ang isang araw simula nong nangyari ang pagtutol ni Ches sa arrange married nila ni David pero hindi parin maalis sa isip ko ang sinabi nya

"David has feelings Mom! And I want him to choose the person he wants to marry and not to end up with me for the sakes of company."

He wants to choose the person he likes,eh yong kanya? Hindi ba talaga nya yon naisip? Gusto nya si David! Anak ng! Gusto nya, andyan na yong way para magkamabutihan sila, umayaw pa!

"He needs love not money. He needs his happiness and money can't buy it. He deserves to be love and he deserves his happiness. Don't make his life full of chaos. You must think and consider our feelings too."

Narinig ko naman ang sinabi nyang Kailangan ni David ng pagmamahal, pero hindi ba't kailangan din nya ng pagmamahal? Kung deserve ni David na maging masaya eh aba! Deserve nya din maging masaya! Deserve nya ang mahalin at deserve nya ang kaligayahan nya eh another aba na naman sa kanya! Deserve nya ring mahalin at lumigaya! Anak sya ng kagang oh!

"What's the point if I like him okay? My feelings here is nothing Lei! His feelings is the matter here."

Sumagi na naman sa isip ko ang sinabi ni Ches kay Lei! Anak ng! Hindi mahalaga ang feelings nya? Ang mahalaga lang ay ang feelings ni David? Anak talaga sya ng kagang! Anong silbi ng nararamdaman nya kung ganun?

"Choose it, even if I'm not part of your happiness. I love you but I want you to be happy"

Wala na finish na! Napatayo pa ako sa hinihigahan ko at ginulo ang buhok ko. Napatingin sa mga bituin at sa buwang nagbibigay ng liwanag.

"Arrgh! She's insane! Arrgh! Ang manhid ni Cheska! Puro nalang sya David! Hindi ba nya naiisip na deserves nya ding sumaya? Nakakainis ang daloy ng utak ng babaeng yon! Nagpapakamartir!"

Inis na sigaw ko at mas ginulo pa ang buhok ko. Kainis!

"Cause thats what makes the person who are under the spell of love"

"Ay anak ka ng kabuteng manong sa kanto! Sino yan? May tao ba dito? Lei"

Sabi ko at tinignan ang bintana, baka may nakapasok na magnanakaw o di kaya ay pinagtritripan na naman ako ni Lei.

"Silly. You called me and I answered yet you keep on sighing for about 15 minutes now, I was about to end this, thinking you just accidentally called me when you shout. You're thinking with Cheska and David?"

Napakapa ako sa Cellphone ko na segundo pa bago ko nahanap na nasa taas ng table na nasa tabi ng aking kama. I saw Zky's Name there. What the heck!

"Oh... I'm sorry. I accidentally called you. And yeah, I'm thinking about Cheska being martyr." Hindi nakaligtas ang pagiging bitter ko sa pagkakasabi ng martir. "She keeps on telling that her feelings does not matter, all he cares is what David feels! Nakakainis alam mo yon? Kung deserve ni David sa tingin nya ang maging maligaya! Then don't she thinks she deserve it too? Why would she sacrifice her own happiness just to grant the happiness of someone? Arghh!"

"Because she loves him"

Napatigil naman ako sa sinabi ni Zky at chineck-up ng mabuti kung si Zky nga ba ito dahil mukhang hindi sya ngayon sinaniban ng cold aura nya. Even though he's just only in the phone, hearing his voice makes my heart beat fast. Men!

"Love? Na. You've got to be kidding me." Natatawang sabi ko.

I'm not going to do that to you when it's in our case. Nasa isip ko yan nang narealize ang aking sinabi. Men! No! I'm not in love with this cold boy!

"No, I'm not. You're really going to sacrifice everything even it hurts you when you're under the spell of love. Love accompanies the word sacrifice that the consequence is you're going to be in pain and breaks your heart many times. You will endure it, you're willing to endure it if the consequence of your pain is to make him smile. To see him laugh the way you want him to laugh. Somehow, it's worth it, it's worth the pain cause he's now happy, he may not be happy because you're with him but you know his happy because he's with the person who truly makes him happy."

Mahabang explanation ni Zky. Hindi ako makapaniwala. Parehas sila ng idea ni Cheska. They understand each other! And somehow, he enlighten me. Cheska only want him happy cause she loves him very much to the point that she sacrifice and endure the pain. I admire Cheska with that, she's really worth to be love. She can sacrifice everything for the sake of her love one.

"You also made that decision Streyla, you just can't realize it for now but soon you will"