Thirty-Eight Note

Streyla Freigh

"What do you want to say Zkyler?"

Pagbabasag ko sa katahimikan at tinignan ang ilog na nasa aming ibaba. Nasa tulay kami ngayon.

"Ey---"

"Did you know that I was once like this river?" Tanong ko at tinignan sya. Napatingin din sya sakin ngunit nag-iba ako ng tingin dahil hindi ko kayang titigan sya. "River follows the flows  of water and so I am. I am always following my parents even if I don't like to." Sabi ko at napatingin sa tubig. "They call me rebel because I started following what I want, Silly but then maybe I am a rebel." Sabi ko at tumulo ang luha ko. "A rebel to them who wants me to be a toy who always follow them."

"You're not"

Napatingin ako sa kanya at mahirap man ay tinitigan ko sya.

"Did you know that I'm engage?"

"I know." Napatungo ako nang marinig ko ang sinabi nya. "But then I am here to tell you to don't be afraid"

Napatingin ako sa kanya sa sinabi nya at napatulo ulit ang luha ko.

"Don't be afraid Eyla, you don't need to be afraid of loving someone you know you truly love" sabi nya at napakunot-noo ako.

"I was there, I was there when you ask David what you should do and ask you kung sinong mas matimbang, ako o si Zan. I was there the whole time Eyla, I was there but I can't show you my face because I want to hear what you will say, but then you never answered. You're afraid that you might hurt me in the end but did you know that I don't care if you're going to hurt me?" Tanong nya at napatunganga ako sa don.

"I know the whole time that your exboyfriend is Zan, my cousin. I was there when he left you, I was there when I saw how broken you are. I was there when she told you your gullible. I was there the whole time."

"W-why? Why are telling me this?" Sabi ko ngunit di nya iyon sinagot. Tumulo ulit ang luha ko. May malalaman na naman ba akong hindi maganda?

"I was there when you cried every time in the back of your building, I was secretly watching you whenever you played the piano, how sad you are and how broken you are. Your music is telling me how pain what you are weighing but I can't have the guts to lessen that because I'm afraid that when I show I cared for you, you will avoid me like what you did to Xyler. I'm afraid of showing it that's why I became rude to you, shouting you, telling you're useless but the truth is your not. You are worth to be kept."

Sobrang lakas ng tibok ng puso ko sa mga sinasabi ni Zky ngayon sa harapan ko. Parang nagkakaterahan sila at parang may paro-paro sa aking tyan.

"Z-Zkyler, you once said you hate me, please hate me harder now. Please" pagmamaka-awa ko.

The only thing for me to accept the fact that I was bound to be with Xyler is when I see that Zkyler who I hold to fight is to hate me, to don't care with me not like what he is showing right now. I want him to disgust me, I want him to shout at me and show me that I and him will never work.

"I saw a girl crying because of my cousin, after one year I saw her again and realized how pain he gave her to the point of being broken secretly and laughing in front of us. I tried to see her smile but end-up hurting her beyond what I expect. I hate her because she never let others see how fragile she is, how broken she is and I just observing her by a far, seeing what she truly feels. I also hate her by fearing to love again, she still hold the past and keep on fighting eventhough she knew it's already done and I hate how she suppress her feeling to the person she loves now because of the scar that left by her past and end her hurting her self, emotionally. I hate how she pretend to be okay even though she knew she's not. I hate seeing her cry but I'm happy she already let the tears flow in front of us, she already let people know that she's not okay, that she is in pain but I also hate myself for not letting her know that I am here for her, I hate my self that I am scared of telling it because I'm afraid losing her in the end. But the thing is, I just hate her because I'm concern with her, I want her to be who she is, without pretending and I just hate her because I love her and that I don't want her to be broken like what she is right now.  I want her to choose her happiness even if a couple days only, I want her to spend her remaining seven days as a lady who never owns by anyone by the person she likes. I want to spend her time with me before I let her go to the man who will soon walk her to the aisle. I want to spend it with her even if we will separate in the end, we are not bound together. I just want her to be happy for a while and I want to be happy and experience of showing how much I like her before its really the end of the two of us. I love you Streyla" Mahabang paliwanag nya at napaiyak na ako doon.

"Zky"

"Please Ey---"

"Masasaktan ka lang okay? Masasaktan lang kita. Please." Umiling ako ngunit bigla nalang nya akong yinakap.

"I don't mind the pain, I just want to spend it with you. Please Eyla."

"Zky mahirap yang pina---"

"I love you Streyla Freigh, please let me spend the time with you before Xyler totally get you from me, show me what you feel without the fear in your heart. I don't mind how pain it will cost me in the end but please Eyla, please. Let me spend the seven days with you before your engagement"

napahagolgol na ako sa aking narinig. Bakit ganito? Bakit? Bakit sa dinami dami ng kinds of love bakit sa ganitong paraan pa? Bakit hindi ko magawang magmahal ng walang sagabal? Nang malaya ka lang.

"Please Eyla" napapikit ako nang maramdaman ko na may likidong pumatak sa damit ko.

Umiiyak si Zky.

"Seven days Eyla. Just seven days." Sabi nya at kasabay ng pag-agos ng tubig sa ilog at ang mga nagniningning na bituin at maliwanang na buwan, pinili kong maging maligaya kahit pitong araw lang at sa susunod ay ang malalaking kalbaryo ng buhay ko.

"I will accompany you in seven days Zky."

___________

Author's Note:

See you in the next chapter! Muah!

Kindly hit the star button if you like this chapter guys and when you like to say something don't hesitate to comment it! ^.^ Lablab. Muah!