❤️~❤️~𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛~❤️~❤️

Two years had passed since the Yule Ball, and the young couple still didn't confess their feelings to one another. This is what Draco was thinking as he clenched and unclenched his hands as he waited for the class to begin. This was his Advanced Potion Making class and as always, he wore a scowl as he waited. For the past five years, Draco had always had Potions class with the head of his house, Professor Severus Snape. However, now, Potions was taught by the former Hogwarts Potion Master, Professor Horace Slughorn. Although, Slughorn was a good teacher, Draco never enjoyed his classes as Slughorn only liked students who were the children of his former students. Students like Harry-again-, Cormac McLaggen, Blaise Zabini, Ginny Weasley and even Neville Longbottom, who was the only son of two of the most powerful Aurors in history who were tortured to insanity by Draco's aunt, Bellatrix Lestrange and three other Death Eaters, as soon as Voldemort was defeated.

   Unlike his parents, Neville was far from talented as his parents were, instead he was a bumbling, weak wizard who was very forgettful.

  As Draco was busy thinking, he didn't notice Hermione pass by and took her seat at her table behind the table where four Ravenclaws sat at.

       A few moments later, the bell rang and the potbellied Professor Slughorn entered through the door which Snape usually passed through.

"Good morning class", Slughorn said merrily, patting his stomach and smiling. "Today, we will continue to discuss about more illegal potions so that when you grow up, you will not go brewing these potions. Now I hope that you all have researched more about them, any examples"?

   Immediately, Draco's head turned towards Hermione's table where she sat with Harry, Ron and fellow Hufflepuff Ernie McMillan. As always, Hermione's hand was the first to be raised, always knowing the answers to teacher's questions.

    "Ah yes", Slughorn said. "Ms. Granger ?"

       "One of the many illegal potions that I had researched is the Elixir of Life", Hermione started. "According to the readings, a famous alchemist named Nicolas Flamel had created it along with the Sorcerer's Stone. It is said that the elixir has the power to make the drinker immortal and therefore the drinker won't die",

     "Very well said Miss Granger", Slughorn said. "The Elixir of Life is what the Dark Lord was after when m'boy Harry started his first year at Hogwarts and of course, Harry was able to defeat the Dark Lord once again and save the stone and elixir. Ten points for Gryffindor Miss Granger",

    Everyone's eyes were now fixed on Harry as it always was when teachers discussed his amazing feats with the class. As usual, Harry was blushing furiously as he tried to hide behind his copy of Advanced Potion Making. Draco knew that Harry hated the spotlight ever since his first year and it still never changed.

   "Anyways", Slughorn said, resuming the discussion. "Anyone else ?"

    This time though, Draco raised his hand ever so slightly. Even if he was a Slytherin, he also does his homework though.

    "Mr. Malfoy",

   "Another illegal potion", Draco said "Is Veritaserum. It is a very powerful truth potion that forces the drinker to always tell the truth",

  "Very good, Mr. Malfoy. Ten points to Slytherin",

Draco turned his head to look at Hermione who was staring at him but quickly looked away, so did Draco, both blushing furiously.

       Later that day, Draco returned to the Slytherin Common Room to find Crabbe, Goyle, Theo Nott, Blaose Zabini and Pansy all playing a game of Dares. Growing up, Draco hated playing Dares as whenever he played, he would usually end up very embarrassed.