❤️~❤️~𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑌𝑢𝑙𝑒 𝐵𝑎𝑙𝑙~❤️~❤️

Hello everyone ! This is my first fanfic and I hope you like it especially to my friends docchia  and CJGo310 who encouraged me to write this and who helped me in getting ideas for what will happen. THANK U SO MUCH :)

Chapter Song : Daylight by Taylor Swift

    "How is that even possible ?!!" Draco Malfoy thought to himself as he passed through the double doors that led into the great hall of Hogwarts, the school were young wizards and witches like Draco learn magic for 7 years. Usually, the great hall was for their meals, but tonight it had been transformed into the most beautiful ballroom ever in honor of the traditional Yule Ball.

The Yule Ball is a traditional ball that always happens whenever the Triwizard Tournament was held and it so happened during Draco's fourth year. The Yule Ball was also planned on Christmas night.

The Triwizard Tournament is one of the most dangerous and challenging wizard competition, yet it was supposed to build friendships for the 3 competing schools. When the tournament was held, each school will select a champion to represent, the champions will also be competing in 3 magical tasks. At the end, whichever champion touches the Triwizard Cup first wins, bring glory to their school and a thousand galleon cash prize.

This year, the champions of each school were selected by the Goblet of Fire, a large roughly hewn wooden cup filled with blazing blue and white flames.

The champions were Cedric Diggory, a handsome tall Hufflepuff who will be representing Hogwarts, Fleur Delacour, a part veela girl representing Beauxbatons, an all witches school in France and Viktor Krum, an international Quidditch star, will be representing Durmstrang, an all wizards school in Bulgaria. However, unbeknownst by anyone, Harry Potter, a boy in Draco's year will also be competing although there was an age restriction for students only 17 years old and above to be allowed to participate.

"Why does it always have to be Potter ?" Draco had remembered asking himself after Harry was called, "Why can't it have been me instead"?

However, Draco decided that he did not wish to compete anymore after the champions competed for The First Task, where they had to retrieve a golden egg from the clutches of a dragon. The Second Task will be held a few months after the Yule Ball, while the Third Task, a few weeks before the end of the year.

Tonight however, was the Yule Ball and Draco and basically everyone else was very excited. Finally the double doors to the Great Hall, and since Draco was not a champion, he and everyone else will enter first. Just as he were passing the doors with his date Pansy Parkinson, his jaw dropped as he saw who Krum's date was.

It was none other than the mudblood, Hermione Granger. She was dressed in an elegant periwinkle blue dress robes, her usually frizzy hair tied into an elegant knot above her head. Draco and Pansy looked at Hermione in shock, wondering how she bewitched Krum to take her to the ball.

As soon as everyone was seated, the music began and the champions entered the hall one after the other. Fleur went first with her date Roger Davies, a Ravenclaw, followed by Cedric, accompanied by his date Cho Chang, also in Ravenclaw, Viktor and Hermione, as they passed, Draco noticed how beautiful Hermione looked and also saw the jealous stares the other girls gave her since Krum picked her instead of them. Finally, Harry passed through with his date, Pavarti Patil, also in Gryffindor.

Draco watched as the champions made their way towards the top table where Dumbledore, the headmaster of Hogwarts, along with Madame Maxime, the giant headmistress of Beauxbatons, Professor Karkaroff, headmaster of Durmstrang, and Mr. Crouch and Mr. Bagman, 2 other judges for the tournament working at the Ministry of Magic.