Chapter 14.

I groan to the sound of someone banging on the front door. I turn over, checking the bedside clock. It flashes three twenty-four. I shake my head, finally grabbing enough energy to get up. I wrap the comforter around my body and slowly make my way towards the front door. As I get closer, the banging gets louder. 

"I'm coming!" I shout rudely. I open the door to a highly intoxicated Norman. "Are you fucking kidding me?" 

"Can I come in?" He slurs his words together, making it hard for me to understand what he's saying. "Please, Dani, its cold!" He whines, shivering when a breeze blows by. 

"Dani?" I give him an aggravated glare and he shrugs. "Whatever." I huff. "And this is your house, too." 

"Oh yeah.." He chuckles loudly, falling into me as he enters the door. "I love you!" He twirls a few strands of loose hairs between his middle and index finger. "You smell so good!" He chuckles again, this time closer to my face. "I love you, Danielle Harris." 

"You already said that." I sigh, laying him down on his side of the bed. "And please do not breathe in my face again. You're going to make me sick." I hold my breath, trying to keep down my dinner. 

"I'm sorry.. I love you." He brings my hand to his mouth, kissing the tips of my fingers. 

"Quite telling me you love me." I sit down at the end of the bed, untying his shoes. "Now, sit up so I can take off your jacket and shirt." I throw both shoes to the side, grabbing his arms and pulling him into me. 

"I'm sorry for leaving you earlier, little baby." He falls into my stomach, lifting up my shirt. His fingers gently glide over it, his lips tenderly kiss it. "I won't leave you again.." He whispers. "..I promise.." 

"Norm, come on. I'm tired, you're drunk, you need to get a shower and brush your teeth because I swear to God, if I have to smell your breath one more time, I'm going to punch you." I stand up, pulling him along with me. 

"Can you take one with me?" He looks so lost.. why? Why does he look lost? Why did he have to leave earlier? Why didn't he stay with me and talk to me? No, I'm not taking a shower with him. He doesn't deserve it. What he deserves is for me to take his sorry ass to the couch and let him handle himself. 

"Yeah, I will. Come on." 

*

It takes me a good fifteen minutes to get him undressed. With him trying to grope every inch of my body, him not being able to hardly stand up, him throwing up, I'm lucky I have enough strength to stand in this shower. I hear him shuffle from behind me, and I turn around to see he, too, has gotten tired of standing. 

"Sit with me." I shake my head no and he frowns. "I'm sorry, baby." 

"I seriously thought we were past this. You've been sober how long?" I turn back around, facing the wall. 

"Danielle, please." He begs, his hoarse voice tugs on my heart strings strongly. I give in, taking a seat in between his legs. "I really am sorry, Danielle. I just.. when you said 'your wife', it made me think of being married to Helena and then you being pregnant slipped back into my mind, along with marriage, and I just, I freaked. I didn't mean what I said. I do want to be stuck with you for forever. You and this baby." His eyes flicker down to my stomach and his fingers glide across it. 

"It's okay, Norm." I press my fingers into his and place them back onto my stomach. 

"I brushed my teeth.. can I kiss you know?" I giggle and nod. He presses his lips to mine, removing his hands from mine and placing them on my lower back. He pulls me onto him, deepening the kiss. I wrap my hands around his neck to make sure I'm as close as I can get. "Danielle..." My name lingers off his lips like smoke, and I know exactly what he's begging for. I sit up, just enough to place him at my entrance. I ease myself down, and it feels like he's grown ten times bigger. 

"Fuck.. Norman.." My head rolls back as I move my hips against his. He grabs my breasts with both hands, squeezing gently.

"Mmm.." He moans into my mouth. "Fuck.. I love you.." 

"Ugh.. I love you more.." My pace quickens, and within minutes, I feel him finish inside me. I steady my breathing, leaning my body against his. I draw circles on his chest with my fingers, trying to keep earlier out of my mind. 

"Marry me." He kisses my forehead softly and glides his fingers up and down my spine. 

"What?" I sit myself back up quickly, locking my eyes with his. 

"Marry. Me." He says again slower. "I want you to marry me. You're all I've wanted for a very long time, we fight, we argue, we scream at each other at the top of our lungs, we laugh, we love, we live together, please, Danielle Rose Harris, please. Marry me." 

"Only if you promise to never say my middle name again." He laughs and kisses my tenderly. 

"I promise." 

~

I suck at writing sex scenes, tbh. You'd think that because I do it, I'd be okay with writing it, but doing it and writing it are two different things. Its super hard to write them. lol. How do people write such good ones!?