Chapter 6.

"Come on, Danielle! We need to be leaving right now and you're still getting ready!" He quickly buttons his slacks and fixes his tie in the mirror.

"Oh, quit complaining!" I giggle softly. "The plane can't leave without us on it, anyways."

"I know, but still! Plus, we have Norman and Katherine coming and we need to meet them on time." My eyes grow wide and my mouth falls agape.

"Wait, what?" I squint my eyes together and shake my head. "You.. you invited Norman and Katherine? Without telling me? What about Rebecca and Jacob?"

"They said they couldn't come." He shrugs his shoulders and our suitcases beside the front door. "So, I asked them to come along." I roll my eyes and quickly look away. How could he not tell me first? "Baby.."

"What."

"Look, I'm sorry, but this will be good for us." I laugh out loud and snap.

"Good for us? Good for us? If you don't remember, I spent many, many, days with that man. He was a druggie, a drunk, a cheater, an abuser, but yet, you don't seem to understand the fact that I do not want to be around him! Writing this book is already enough, but now you ask them to go to the beach with us? For a week? Fuck you, I'm not going." I cross my arms and quickly walk out of the room.

"Danielle!" He follows closely behind. "Danielle, quit being like that! I'm sorry! Please.. baby, please.." I hear the sorrow in his voice and stop.

"What?"

"Please, just do this for me? One day. All I'm asking is one day, and if you don't like it, we'll leave." He takes my hand in his, bringing it up to his mouth and kissing softly.

"One day, Ryan, I mean it." I give in with a stern answer. I give him an annoyed glare and he nods.

"One day." He whispers.

"Now, let's get this over with."

*

"We should be landing shortly, Ms. Harris." Gillian whispers. Her Victoria's Secret perfume overwhelming my senses.

"You can call me Danielle outside of work, Gillian, but thank you." I send her a smile and she nods.

This plane ride has been long, too long, and I'm happy it's almost over. Norman and I have sent awkward glares back and forth the whole flight, Ryan and Katherine have been talking like old friends, and for some reason, Ryan has decided to rid this place of any alcoholics beverages. I shuffle in my seat as the plane hits some turbulence.

"Fly often?" My head lifts up and I regret making eye contact.

"Um, no. Ryan usually does the flying. Business trips, holidays, vacations, if it weren't for Ryan, I think I might have ha a heart attack a while ago." His eyes shift slightly between Ryan and I and he smiles.

"I'm glad you're happy, Danielle." He whispers. My breath hitches in my throat and I put on the best fake smile I can. 

"You too, Norm." He gives me a nod and turns his attention back to Katherine and Ryan. 

"Give it to me, Danielle. You can trust me, I won't hurt you again, I will never hurt you again. I will give you anything and everything you ask for, I will be the best man I can. For you. Everything do from this moment on, is for you. I love you." 

"Danielle? Com on, we're here." Ryan tugs on my hand, pulling me out of my thoughts and gives me a questioning look. I shake my head and smile. "You're going to tell me later." He says sternly. 

"There's nothing to tell." I lie. "I was just zoning out because of the flight. You know I don't like flying." 

"Okay." He caresses my cheek and kisses my forehead. "Now come, the Florida sun is calling our names." 

~

I know, I know. "Your chapters are really short." I'm sorry. I'm trying to make them as long as I can because something big is coming up and its going to be a very long chapter. But, for now, I hope you're enjoying this! I love you! 

:)