Chapter 13.

"Okay, Ms. Harris, this jelly is going to be a little cold." She slowly squeezes it on my stomach and like I knew I would, I squirm at the touch. "Sorry." She says with a giggle.

"I was told a while back that I wouldn't be able to have children." I say with a sigh.

"Well, you look to be about seven weeks, which means whoever told you that obviously don't know what get we're talking about, but if you are, we should be able to hear a slight heartbeat." A heartbeat?

"Wow." I smile widely. "But, there's a chance I could miscarry.." I whisper.

"Unfortunately, yes. If we hear a heartbeat today, it doesn't necessarily mean that its a strong heartbeat. Don't sweat it Ms. Harris, everything will work out the way it should, no matter what happens." She gives me a warming smile and we begin the Ultrasound.

A few moments go by, but she has yet to find anything. I huff, wishing Norman could have been here to hold my hand or to just stand in the corner and watch, as long as he could have been here. He's off being Norman, working on that stupid fucking book with Ryan.

"There it is!" She exclaims happily. "Do you hear it?"

"Yeah." A tear falls down my cheek and I smile. "When can I find out the sex?"

"Twenty weeks." She grabs a towel from behind her, placing it on my stomach, and wiping off the jelly. "We will set up appointments between now and then, ten weeks, sixteen weeks, eighteen weeks, and then twenty weeks."

"Is it okay to have sex? I um, obviously like it, considering I'm pregnant, and I've been very.. ready.. lately. I wouldn't want to stop." I feel my cheeks heat up with embarrassment. I really shouldn't be embarrassed. She probably get asked that all of the time.

"Absolutely! You can have sex right up until your water breaks. Some parents-to-be try not to have sex during the pregnancy, but for me, it was the best sex my husband and I had ever had." She laughs, shaking her head, probably remembering the moments. "It's different for everyone, but don't stop being intimate with him just because your body is changing. Its normal, happens to the best of us."

"Okay." I give her a smile and finish wiping off the jelly. "I won't."

*

"Please stop writing for like, five minutes. All I need is five minutes." I beg him, placing both hands on his shoulders and shaking him roughly.

"Danielle.." His tone is pitched higher than before, he's getting aggravated.

"Norman..." I copy his tone to a tee.

"I'm working. Go shopping or something for a little while. Go buy a crib. We need a crib. Money's on the counter." He keeps his eyes locked on his paperwork, shooing me away with his hand.

"I'm not going shopping, in fact, I'm not going anywhere until you love on me. I'm with child, I need extra loving." He shakes his head and chuckles.

"Are you going to pull that card every time you want me to fuck you?" He raise an eyebrow and I smirk.

"It's not just a fuck." I protest.

"Oh, my sweet Danielle.." He stands up, pressing his lips to my forehead. "When I'm bending you over the kitchen sink, or I've got you sat up on the dining room table, that's a fuck. When we're tangled up in each other underneath the sheets, our bodies pressed together, everything's slow and passionate, that's love making. There a difference." He kisses my forehead once more, picking his paperwork up from his desk and shoving it into a drawer.

"Damn, that was so deep." I laugh loudly. "Come on! I'm horny, for fucks sake! When's the last time we did it?"

"I don't know.." He rubs the back of his neck and shrugs his shoulders. "A week?"

"Nine days. It has been nine fucking days. Do you know what that does to a woman who's man is extremely sexy? No, no you don't." I cross my arms and huff. I soon take matters into my own hands. and I quickly drop down onto my knees. If he won't give it, I'll just have to take it.

"Danielle, what do you think you're doing?" He asks, crossing his arms and tilting his head to one side.

"Um, sucking your dick? Duh." I roll my eyes and continue to fiddle with his belt.

"I'm getting really tired of that mouth of yours." He shakes his head and chuckles. "And did you just roll your eyes at me? I don't think that's very nice."

"I don't think I care very much." I roll my eyes again and smirk. If I keep this up, he'll give in very soon. I quickly shove his jeans down to his ankles. "For someone who didn't want this, you look like you want this.." I smirk, bringing my bottom lip between my teeth and begin to palm him through his boxers.

"Fuck.." His head rolls back and he mouth falls agape. ".. please.." 

"Please what?" I ask, slowly sliding his boxers down his legs. 

"This is torture.. you're torture.." He says through gritted teeth. I grab him hard, placing him in my mouth. "God, Danielle.." He places a hand behind my head, guiding it up and down. This motion goes on for a few moments before I decide to 'torture' him some more. 

"I'm done." I quickly wipe my mouth and stand from my knees. "You can finish that, right?" 

"Oh, no. Absolutely not. You're going to get back on your knees and finish this." He says sternly. 

"Mmm.. nope." I pop the 'p' and begin to walk away with a smirk. I'm quickly picked up and thrown over his shoulder. He starts to walk away from the office and starts down the hall. "Norman Mark Reedus! You put me down!" I scream through my laughter. 

"Nope." He says mocking my words and popping the 'p'. His hand flies up and smack my behind. "One.." He begins to count as he continues to do smack me. ".. two.." 

"Why are you spanking me! I didn't even do anything!" I laugh again, smacking his backside as hard as I could. 

"Ouch!" He exclaims, removing me from his shoulder and throwing me onto our bed. "You really should be nicer to the father of your child!" He kisses my forehead, cheek, neck, forehead again, and finally, my lips. 

"You really should be nicer to your wife!" Before I can think about my words, they've already left my mouth. His mood quickly changes from playful to serious, and I start to get worried. "Norm, I didn't-"

"You're not my wife." He states monotone. 

"I know.." I whisper softly. 

"I don't want to marry you. I don't want to be stuck with you for forever." His demeanor has totally changed and he's back to being the dick. 

"I.." I have no words. I don't know what to say. My heart has fallen into my stomach and I feel the need to crawl up in a corner and cry. 

"I need to get some air." He stands up, grabbing the keys from the dresser, and making his way out. 

"Norman, please!" I call out to him, but he's already gone. How can we go from playfully loving couple, to the silent treatment and one of us leaving couple, in the matter of minutes? "I guess we're back to stage one.. it's okay baby.." I place my hands on my belly, rubbing it softly. "..he'll be back soon."