Chapter 12.

*Three weeks later..*

The streets aren't as busy as they use to be, its quieter, more peaceful. The blinking 'open' sign catches my attention as I walk through the double doors.

"Nice, Norm..." I whisper to myself. My eyes shift back and forth until they land on him.

He's slouched down in the chair, a glass of something dark in one hand, and his cigarettes in the other. He watches closely at the women who continue to dance and I feel a slight pinch in my stomach. He slowly sits up, tilting the glass back so that he could finish it. He places it on the table beside him, rubbing the back of his neck with his empty hand, shakes his head and stands up. I assume he's going outside to smoke. He walks out with his head down and his hands tucked into his pockets.

"Norman.." I call to him. He stops in his tracks, I hear a soft chuckle, and he walks out. I follow him out, whether he wants me to or not.

He presses the lit cigarette to his lips and inhales. He reeks strongly of hard liquor, a mixture of many things. I step next to him, we both stare out into the night, not willing to look at one another.

"I watched your plane take off.." He says monotone. I shake my head and frown.

"No, you watched Ryan and Katherine's plane take off. I stayed behind. I've been watching you, Norm." He chuckles again, and tosses his cigarette across the parking lot.

"Why? I thought we talked about this? We fucked and that was it. No more of this." He says harshly. I need to remember that he's drunk, I need to remember that he doesn't mean anything he says. "I don't want you, Danielle."

"Yes you do." I state matter of factly. "You've always wanted me."

"Go home, Danielle. Buy a plane ticket, pack your shit, and go home."

"You are my home." I whisper. His features turn from anger to sorrow in a second.

"Where have you been staying?" The tone in his voice tells me he's given up auguring about what he wants.

"The same little cheap motel you've been staying at. But you've yet to notice me." He nods and suddenly his whole demeanor changes. He grabs my arms harshly, shaking me. His face inches from mine.

"Danielle, I'm going to tell you one more time! Leave! Don't not came back! Stay as far away from me as you can, and if you don't, I swear to god I'll-"

"I'm pregnant, Norman!" I shout above him. His eyes stare into mine blankly. "I.. I missed my period, so I decided to just take a test or three.. they all came back positive.. "

"Danielle.." He whispers, his eyes flickering from anger to sorrow. "You're pregnant?" He chuckles deeply, tugging at his hair. "You have got to be fucking kidding me! Danielle, you have to get rid of this thing!"

"This thing is a human being!" I quickly stop myself, not wanting to say something I'd regret later. "I'm sorry." I say calmly. Come back to the motel with me.. please.." He shakes his head and huffs. 

"No, Danielle, I can't do that." He starts to walk away and I panic. He can't leave me like this. 

"Can't or won't?" I cry out. He doesn't even budge, he just continues to walk away. "Norman, please!" I shout at him. 

"Danielle, you're so fucking annoying! You're bossy, you're a bitch, you whine a lot, you're clingy, you're an idiot, and you never just let something go!" He shouts back, keeping the distance between us. "But God, you're so perfect. You're funny, you're kind, you're absolutely gorgeous, anyone who meets you falls in love with you, whether they want to or not, and I love that you're bossy. I love that you bitch and that you're whiny. I love that you're clingy, I love that you never just let something go, because if you didn't fight for this, for us, it wouldn't even be worth it." We're standing face to face, inches apart. I'm crying like an imbecile, and its freezing. 

"Did you know that I was told I wasn't able to have children. That's why I wasn't worried about using any kind of protection. Ryan and I tried so many fucking times.." I say through gritted teeth. "..But, here I am, pregnant, with your baby." I laugh at myself. "Those tests are probably wrong.." 

"Don't say that, don't be so negative." He holds my face with both hands, pressing his forehead to mine. "I know that those tests are positive, I can feel it. We're going to have a baby, Danielle."

"Do you still love me?" I whisper softly. 

"Of course I still love you." He presses his lips to mine, tenderly. "I'll always love you." 

~

What even.. I don't really have any words.. Sorry.. I love you guys.