Chapter 3.

"Why's you change your mind, all of a sudden?" His eyes scan the paperwork on his desk, then quickly flicker to mine. 

"I um.. I know that this is good for us, for the company. So, why not?" He nods and shrugs his shoulders. 

"Okay." He says bluntly. "Are you going to meet him now?" 

"Well, I thought we could go home and start on those things you promised this morning." I bite my lip at the thought. 

"I'm sorry, Dani, I can't tonight. I know I promised, but I have all of this paperwork to go through and sort and its probably going to take all night." Well then.. 

"Okay, that's fine. I guess I'll see if Norman wants to go over the outline and stuff for the book." I give a fake smile. "See you later." He nods and goes back to paperwork. 

*

"Ryan is working, I'm guessing?" He asks, taking off his jacket and hanging it on the coat rack.

"Yep." I answer quietly. "That happens more than I'd like, but he's making good money." I admit with a smile.

"He's a good man, Danielle." He gives an assuring smile. His eyes meeting mine, only for a second. 

"I know." I nod. "The office is this way, follow me." I lead him down the many hallways and through a few doors. My mind wonders back to the day I finally left. The memories, the hurt, the regret, all of it. I remember some of the things Norman said. 

"She'll never stop loving me. You know that."

"And what are you? Some angel? You're a bitch who doesn't give a fuck about anyone but herself."

"You're going to regret this, Danielle! He's a killer! He's a monster! You'll come crawling back to me before this week is up and you know it!"  

"Danielle?" He gently shakes me and I snap back from the horrible thoughts. "You okay?"

"Yeah.." I say breathless. "I need some water, I'll be right back." I quickly walk to the kitchen, grabbing a glass from the cabinet and filling it up with water. Before I can place the glass to my lips, it falls from my hands and smashes into a million pieces. "Shit!" I whisper. 

"Danielle, are you okay?" Norman shouts from the other room. 

"Yeah! Yeah, I'm fine." I shout back. 

"You want some help?" He pops up behind me, giving me a slight jump. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." 

"It's okay." I give a small smile. "But, no thanks. I can get it. It seems like I break a glass almost everyday. I can't hold onto shit anymore." Without hesitation, he's on his knees picking up the bigger pieces. "Dammit, Norman! I said I can do it." 

"I'm not just going to stand over there and watch you pick it up by yourself. If you ended up getting a cut I'd-" He pauses for a moment. "Nevermind. Do you have a broom?" 

"Yeah." I sigh, hoping he would have finished his sentence. "I'll get it." And at that moment, I'm wishing I could have been there to see him get better. To see him achieve his acting and to see him grow from that drunken mess, to this beautiful man who's so loving and caring. I wish I would have been there to see him get engaged and fall in love. Most of all, I wish I would have been the one he was engaged to, and the one he was in love with. 

"Dan-"

"I need you to leave." I interrupt him. His mouth falls agape, but closes quickly. His eye scan the floor and he takes a deep breath. "Please." 

"I'll leave the manuscripts here. Please, please, read them." His eyes meet mine but I quickly look away. 

"Of course." I nod. "I'm sorry, I just, I just need to have a couple of days to think this through. The book, the past, being with you, I need to make sure I can handle it before I dive in." 

"I understand." He gives stands to his feet. "Goodbye, Danielle." He whispers and makes his way out. 

Once again, I'm left with nothing but my memories to keep me company. 

~

Y'all I'm sorry for not updating since God know's when. I've been super busy with vacation and being with friends. I do have a life outside of Wattpad. But, I will make it up to you the next couple of days, I promise. I love you!

:)