"If you're so sure with your answer then why bother asking me if you're right or wrong?" She snaps. Not everyone works for money, some work because they like to.

"Are you single?" Another says smirking at her.

"Exc—" Her extremely angry reply is terminated by a hand—bigger than hers—calmly resting on her back. It's not gripping her skin but it's there, the presence is there. His thumb presses on her spine as if quietly telling her to play along. Aditi freezes in her spot.

"Is your shift over, baby?" She's been too hell-shocked to turn and react. But the voice—the voice—it's awfully familiar. She recognizes it. She's fond of it too.

She shuts her eyes—fighting with her irritation—and calmly says, "Thank you for visiting Aani, I hope you enjoy the food." With this brisk comment and forced smile, Aditi walks off, making sure to jerk Dhruv's hand brutally of off her—"You better fix what your brother did or he better fix it—and storms inside the kitchen.

Aani. This is the name of her café—her second home. The name is dearly close to her heart, she'd scanned through so many names before finalizing this one. The 'A' represents her father and the 'ani' is from 'Ish—ani,' of her mothers.

Ishaani isn't physically in her life but emotionally, she's always there. Too close to be forgotten.

____

"Eat, eat, it's not like you'll get food served to you every day." Juhi spits. Her eyes hovering over Jaanvi's plate. Ansh's daughter had just gotten herself pasta for the second time. She hasn't eaten anything all day, it's probably lunchtime soon in a couple of minutes or hours.

Jaanvi clenches her jaw at another set of venomous words by her aunty—she's used to it since the day the girl began to understand life and it's horrible pawns—yet she closes her eyes, fingers curl tightly around her fork—in anger—and sighs deeply.

Food. One should never taunt someone while they're eating. Jaanvi hates it. Juhi knows it, too.

"Right Chachi." The crucial Jaanvi mode is on. Her voice and unappealing smile says it all. She clicks her tongue, thoughtfully, as if thinking about this. "I also realized one thing, I won't see big fat lizards very often now. The Rajputs are very conscious of unwanted creatures lingering in their house. Especially my husband." The grins bitter. She continues to eat her food—because her father has paid for it and she doesn't like wasting—like nothing happened. (Aunty)

"Did you call me a lizard?" Juhi's poisonous voice is high-pitch making Jaanvi wince out a, 'lower your voice, man. I'll go deaf—beneficial to my husband, obviously,' to herself. In between tickling her ear as she puts her pinky finger to ease the pain of the horrible sound her aunty makes. Her aunty is standing up from her chair, shooting daggers at the eldest grandchild in the Ahuja family.

"I d—didn't." She chews onto her pasta before speaking, The stretching words are purposely added to get on her nerve. Juhi never gives her one-word or straight answers, then why should she? "It's you who takes my words to heart, not me."

"Have some shame. Go to your husband's house and leave my house!" The mention of husband—which shouldn't even be used in this conversation because he's not a part of this—is adding salt in her unhealed wounds. Putting her fork down—it clatters in her plate—she rests her glaring eyes at Juhi.

"First send your daughter to her husband's house then order me." She stands up from her chair—her aura alarming and strong—and leaves the dining room, making her way up the stairs to her bedroom.