25

Shadow's POV
Sonic was taken in at the hospital. I got to see him after he had an operation.

I felt extremely guilty about what had happened. I simply sat next to him on the bed and held his hand, not saying anything.

What didn't make it better was that Sonic was out in the same room as Knuckles who was glaring daggers at me. His neck had indeed snapped but he had survived. Though he was stuck wearing a neck brace.

Sonic explained to Knuckles what had happened and why I got aggressive with him. He still looked annoyed but it didn't seem he would keep holding grudges against me.

Within a day, Sonic was allowed to leave. Though he would have to return for the stitches to be taken out. I couldn't stop apologizing to him as we walked to Eggman's base where we would be spending our time together.

"Shadow, shush. Sonic kissed my cheek and held my hand. "I'm not angry at you... You weren't yourself."

"I can't but blame myself." I sighed and held his hand back.

"I love you." Sonic stopped to give me a kiss on the lips. I couldn't help but kiss back.

"I love you too..." I said after I pulled away from the kiss.

We continued our way to the base, holding hands. The door slid open and we walked in. Getting to my room, Sonic got under the covers and I joined him. It wasn't late but the urge to cuddle was there.

I wrapped my arms around him and held him close. Sonic purred and nuzzled his face into my chest fur, causing me to purr too.

Oh, how much I love him.

To think I got to get his love because of a fake love potion. I wouldn't have anything. Though I wish I would have had the courage to tell him my feelings before. We could have been an item sooner. But now, now we shall simply enjoy the time we get to spend together.