5

Sonic's POV
I walked together with Shadow to his house. I looked over at him. He was looking down at the ground as he held my hand tightly. I'm was beginning to worry.

"We're almost there Shad." I said. Shadow hummed and nodded, keeping his eyes on the ground. I sighed and kept walking.

"Sonic?" Shadow said. I looked at him, surprised that he called me by my name. "You will stay with me, right?" he asked as he looked up at me.

"Yes Shad, I promise." I answered. Shadow smiled slightly and looked over to the house we were approaching. Something is off about him. I'm worried.

Shadow's POV
I unlocked the door. We went to the living room after I closed the door. I sat down on the couch. Sonic sat next to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close as I laid my head on top of his. I felt something wet drip down my muzzle, tears. I didn't have my emotions under control, and I don't know why. Sonic was tense first but soon returned the hug and rubbed my back.

"I-I'm sorry..." I said and let my salty tears fall on his blue fur. "I never meant to hurt you. I was just scared that... that if we would become close, you would be taken away from me... I wanted to protect you but instead, I hurt you... I hope you can forgive me for what I did to you.." I could tell that Sonic was shocked by my words. Sonic pulled away from the hug and looked me in the eyes.

"Oh Shad, it's okay. I forgive you.." Sonic placed a hand against my cheek and wiped my tears away. I moved one hand to Sonic's and held it against my cheek. I purred quietly, not loud enough for him to hear it. His touch felt nice.

"Thanks... Faker." I said. It made Sonic chuckle which made me cheer up a little.

"Oh Shad, sometimes you're just-.. I don't know how to say it." Sonic said and chuckled afterward.

"I know I can be funny." I said as a grin formed onto my muzzle. I'm glad I could make Sonic chuckle. He makes me happy by just being with me. That is all I need, having him with me. That's all I'm asking for. I wouldn't even mind if we were in a relationship or not. I mean I can't just apologize to him and kiss him. That's not how it works, well, I guess it doesn't work like that.

"You sure can." Sonic said and booped my nose. Normally I would be growling at him, but not this time.

"Would you please stay with me this night? I don't want to be alone." I asked and mumbled the last part. My eyes caught the sight of Sonic's smile and I felt my cheeks heat up.

"Of course Shadz, if that makes you feel better then I'm okay with it." Sonic answered. I smiled and pulled him close again.

"Thank you."

"Heh, that's where friends are for."