6

Sonic's POV
After Shadow told me about the way he felt and that he was sorry for all the times he hurt me, I was shocked. I never knew Shadow wanted to protect me. From his words, it sounded like he cared about me.

We chilled for the rest of the day. Mostly watching tv. That was until I yawned.

"Seems like someone is a little tired." Shadow said. I shook my head and held my hand for my mouth as I yawned again. "Let's get you into bed." He picked me up.

"Hey!" I protested as he picked me up. He ignored it and laid me down on the bed, his bed. I felt comfortable. I couldn't resist curling up under the blanket as Shadow put it over me. I slowly drifted into a deep slumber.

Shadow's POV
I watched Sonic slowly fall asleep. I kissed his forehead before leaving the room to let him sleep. I went downstairs to get myself a cup of coffee. After that, I think I will join Sonic in bed and cuddle up with him. While I was busy making myself a coffee, my ears twitched at a picked up sound. Someone is here.

Whoever is it, they are not going to hurt Sonic. I turned around and stood in fighting stance, ready to attack. To my surprise and confusion, I saw Omega standing in the hallway.

"Omega, what are you doing here?" I asked and walked over to him.

"... S-Shad-dow... da-ang-ger..." Omega said in a broken voice. I tilted my head, wondering what happen to his audio.

"What do you mean and what's wrong with your voice?" I asked and crossed my arms, waiting for an answer.

"... G.U.N. ha-as d-done someth-thing to yo-ou... i-it's not-thing goo-od..." Omega said. His speech confused me.

"I will ask if the fox can fix your audio problem or whatever it is that's causing you to speak like this." I said. Omega's glowing red eyes went from looking at me to the ceiling.

"... I-I can-n sense som-meone's... el-lse p-presents..." Omega spoke as his eyes scanned the ceiling, probably locating the sleeping form upstairs.

"Yes, you're right. Sonic is here." I replied. Omega looked back at me.

"... S-Sonic? Un-like..ly..." Omega spoke.

"It's Sonic who is here." I snarled. "I'm trying to get closer to him.." I mumbled to myself. I might act like I hate Sonic but in reality, I love him with all my heart. I just felt so embarrassed by it that I never told anyone because there could be a chance they will tell Sonic and then it's over. And at first, I didn't even know it was love. I just thought it was a kind of hatred. I was wrong. And now with that potion I have drunk, I will most likely end up telling him about my feelings for him.

Omega just looked at me, as if he was trying to process what I had said. "I will explain everything later. Right now we need to get your audio fixed." I said. I dislike talking about my feelings. I can't even say what my feelings are. I would be mute in that kind of conversation. Omega turned around and walked to the front door. Then I realized something.

"I can't just leave Sonic- damn it. Something might happen to him." I don't want to risk his safety. Omega said G.U.N. did something to me. What if they will come to my house while I'm gone and kidnap Sonic since I'm not around. I can't let that happen. And I don't want to wake him up. "You can go without me, right?" I asked. Omega was quiet, processing again.

"...G-Go.. to T..Tails'... G-G-Get audio.. fixed..." Omega repeated his mission. I nodded and watched the robot leave. I went back to the coffee and poured it into a cup. I drank the coffee then went upstairs to my room where Sonic was asleep. I lay next to him and wrapped my arms around him.

"You won't.. escape from me... chili dog." Sonic mumbled in his sleep and nibbled on my shoulder. I chuckled and petted his quills. He purred softly. I closed my eyes and soon fell asleep with him. Don't worry Sonic, I will keep you safe.