7

Sonic's POV
I yawned and wanted to turn so I could get some more sleep but found out I didn't have much space to move. My muzzle was getting tickled by something soft. I slowly opened my eyes and blinked a few times to get my sight clear. I had my face buried into something white and fluffy. I looked up and saw Shadow, he was asleep. Now I noticed that he was holding me. One arm was wrapped around my waist and the other one was wrapped under my back quills. I tried to move away from him but instead of succeeding, Shadow held me tighter and laid his head on top of mine. Question, since when are Shadow and I sleeping in the same bed? Shadow nuzzled the top of my head and I could hear him purring. Shadow and purring, that doesn't sound fitting. I tried getting out of his arms again.

"... Don't..." Shadow grumbled under his breath which made my ears perk up. I need to be careful if I don't want to wake him. I slowly moved one of Shadow's arms from around me without waking him. I slowly slid under his other arm but he grabbed my hand and held it against his chest. I could feel his calm heartbeat. I took my hand away from him which made him whimper. I stood up and stretched. Shadow's whimpering didn't stop. I gave him a pillow to hug instead of me. That calmed him down. I went downstairs to make breakfast.

"What should I make?" I asked myself as I looked in the fridge. "I guess toast will do it." I said and grabbed a few slices of bread out of the freezer.

Shadow's POV
I woke and yawned. I slept wonderfully. I wanted to pull Sonic closer to me but felt something else in my arms. I panicked as I sat up. I was holding a pillow, not Sonic. He wasn't in bed either. I went out of bed and ran downstairs. My nose picked up the smell of food. I ended up in the kitchen and saw Sonic preparing breakfast. I sighed in relief.

"Morning." I said as I walked over to him.

"Good morning Shadz, how did you sleep?" Sonic asked me with a smile.

"I slept amazingly. How about you?" I replied.

"I slept well." Sonic said then focused back on making breakfast.

"What are you making?" I asked and stood behind him.

"Toast."

"Sounds delicious." I said and hugged him from behind. He didn't seem to mind or he didn't notice. I nuzzled his neck, earning a soft purr from him. I found the sound adorable. I continued nuzzling his neck, getting him to purr more.

"Shadow, I'm trying to make breakfast for us and you're distracting me. That isn't helpful at all." Sonic said, but not in a mean way. I chuckled.

"I can't help it." I said before nuzzling him again.

"Maybe you can't help that but you can help me with this." Sonic said. I stopped nuzzling him.

"What can I do?" I asked, wanting to help him.

"By setting up the table." Sonic answered.

"Right." I said as I let go of him. I set up the table like he asked me.

"Who is hungry?" Sonic said as he finished making breakfast.

"I surely am." I said. I'm going to enjoy the time he's here with me.