4

Shadow's POV
We walked to the nearest village. I was still holding Sonic's hand. I didn't want to let go.I wonder how they feel without gloves. Probably soft and tender, like his soft fur. His beautiful azure fur that shines in the sunlight and those gorgeous emerald green eyes with their spark that could bring light in the darkest of times. My deepest desire is to have him as mine and mine alone. I want to get his love and affection. That's all I want. I just want to be close to him. He's close but yet so far from my reach.

"Hello! Mobius to Shadow!" I heard someone say. I shook my head, blinked, and saw Sonic standing in front of me, waving his hand in front of my face. "There you are, you dozed off for a minute Shad." he said. My heart beat faster whenever he called me that.

"I was thinking about.. um something." I said and scratched the back of my head. Sonic chuckled.

"Anyways, we are there." He said. Now only I noticed that we were at the chili dog stand. Time goes fast when you think about the one you love.

"Right, I will get you a chili dog." I said and let go of his hand even though I didn't want to. I went to order a chili dog for Sonic and looked over my shoulder to see Sonic leaning against a tree. I waited for my order to finish. I looked over my shoulder again and saw a random guy who I don't know talking to Sonic. I saw him ruffle Sonic's quills which had him laughing and pushing him away. Who is this guy and what is he doing here?! He walked away and Sonic waved him off. They seemed to know each other. Now I'm more curious.

"Your order." The guy behind the stand said to me. I took the chili dog after paying him before walking back to Sonic.

"Who was that?" I asked. Sonic turned his head to look at me.

"Who? Oh him, he... someone." Sonic answered, avoiding the question. That's not a good answer. He's hiding things. To act like I didn't care, I rolled my eyes and handed him the chili dog I bought for him.

"Thanks Shad." Sonic said as he took the first bite of his chili dog. I saw the spark in his eyes brighten. He kept eating his chili dog as I watched him. Doesn't he ever choke? I mean he's taking big bites. He had a big mouth, literally and figuratively. "Shad, you're staring." He commented. I turned my head to look away. All of a sudden, I felt sad. I don't know why but I felt sad.

"Sorry, I'm not really myself lately." I said and looked down. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked back up at Sonic.

"I noticed that. Are you okay?" Sonic asked and looked at me concerned. I shook my head and my ears went down. Why am I feeling sad all of a sudden?

"I will bring you home." Sonic said and held my hand. I might have blushed when he did. Sonic started leading me to my house as I walked beside him, holding his hand tightly. "Is Rouge home?" He asked. I shook my head. She just went on a mission. She isn't coming back for a few days. "Do you want me to stay with you?" He asked. I nodded. How could I turn that down? I wanted him with me.