17

Sonic's POV
After Shadow and I eat our dinner, we lay in bed to sleep. We stayed in Eggman's base since it was already late.

Shadow had fallen asleep already and held me in his sleep. One arm was around my waist and he had moved one of his legs over my legs. His head was between my back quills and neck, I could feel his warm breath which made me shiver sometimes. I just couldn't sleep. I felt like I have been lying here for hours. I sighed and decided to look around the base. I carefully moved my legs away from under Shadow's and moved his hand away, then I quickly moved away from him. Shadow was tossing around with his hand, trying to find me in his sleep as he whimpered.

"You have to be kidding me." I chuckled and grabbed the pillow I used and placed it in front of Shadow. When he felt it, he immediately held it tightly, not planning on letting it go. I chuckled before leaving the room. I have been in Eggman's base before but I never looked around and now I can in peace. My ears picked up a noise, like someone was typing on a keyboard. That must be Eggman. Because of my curiosity, I followed to noise to see what he was doing. It didn't take long before I found the right room. Eggman was indeed doing something on a huge kind of computer. When he noticed me, he stopped whatever he was doing and looked at me.

"Why are you still up? It's already late." Eggman asked. I rolled my eyes.

"I can ask you the same." I replied.

"Good one. I just needed to make so changes." Eggman said.

"And why is that?" I asked and walked closer to him to see what he was doing.

"I programmed all my robots to attack you when they see you around the base and now I'm changing that since that isn't necessary anymore." Eggman answered and showed me what he was doing. I didn't understand a single thing about it. All the coding.

"Something seems to bother you." Eggman said. I shook my head and looked at him.

"Oh it's nothing." I replied. I'm not planning to tell Eggman about Tails. What if he is just acting to be good? Then he will hurt Tails if he knows he's weak. I don't want that to happen.

"Still as stubborn as always." Eggman said.

"You could have expected that." I said. "But I have a question, why did you become evil?" I asked and looked at him curiously.

"It was because of my dad. I didn't have the nicest past. My father would abuse me whenever he could. He worked in the industry, and that's how I learned to build robots. My dad would let me do his work and then he would say he build it himself to impress everyone. After some years, he told me to use animals as the energy source-" Eggman started but I cut him off.

"Which I destroyed." I said.

"Yes, which you destroyed. I took so much time in building those things that it angered me. So I made robots that were meant to kill." Eggman said.

"So the reason why you became evil is because of me." I said. Eggman shook his head.

"I was already evil before we two even met." Eggman said. "But thanks to you and Shadow, I won't be any longer. It's time to retire." He said. That made me smile. I would never kill Eggman, since I always thought he could become good. No one is pure evil, everyone has something good inside of them. Even someone like Eggman. It may not always seem so but I believe in it.

"I always believed you had a good side." I said.

"Of course you did." Eggman said sarcastically. "Now go to bed before you don't get enough sleep." He said and pushed me out of the room but in a gentle way.

"Goodnight." I said and walked back to the room Shadow and I stayed in.