1: As Usual

"I told you once and I'll tell you again! I'm not going out with them again!" I yell, my cheeks burning from the fire inside my gut

"Sam and Alexa are waiting for us! I work with him so we have to get along! Let's go!" He grabs my arm.

I jerk my arm out of his grip. I hate his colleges; I want nothing to do with them. I'm constantly forced to join him while they go for dinners together and I'm sick of it.

"You have to be friendly with him! Not me! I'm not going!"

"I already said you would!"

"Tell them I'm sick!"

"This is childish, Isa! Get over yourself, we're going!" He motions towards the door once again, clearly not understanding that I'm not going with him.

"I don't like them, Zayn! I'm not going!"

The reason I'm so against going is not only because this couple is utterly annoying but because they're completely concerned with themselves and no one else. I can't be bothered to be around people who don't care about my well-being.

I bet Zayn or I could die and they wouldn't bat an eye. 'Such a shame' they'd say, 'even at her funeral she has bags under her eyes.'

But of course, as it usually goes, Zayn is getting his way. I got dressed up in my black backless dress that flowed down to my feet and curled my hair to look all nice to go to The Valor's for dinner. Even after my constant protests, here I am walking out the door with him to go over there and sit pretty.

As we walk up to their house, Zayn holds out his hand to help me up the steps. I don't accept his help and he shakes his head and sighs, clearly irritated.

He knocks and we wait outside for their annoyingly perky voices to shout out from the other side of the door.

"Oh, hello, Zayn... Isabelle. We are so excited to have you!" Sam's disingenuous smile greets us.

He couldn't be more fake if they tried...

"Isabelle, you look beautiful." Sam compliments. "Mind if I take her for tonight?" He winks to Zayn.

Oh, I forgot to mention, Sam is also extremely inappropriate and crude.

Zayn wraps his arm around me and let out an uncomfortable chuckle. I made Zayn promise months ago to never leave me alone in a room with Sam. With the remarks he makes to our faces, I can only imagine what he would do behind closed doors.

"Oh, Sam... don't be so crude." Alexa, his wife, interrupts the awkwardness.

"I'm just messing about... unless you were considering it." He points to Zayn again.

He acts as if I belong to Zayn or something, which I find completely annoying and insulting. The fact that Zayn doesn't say a word to defend me only makes all of this worse. My own husband won't even defend me and he'd only get mad if I did. He'd probably get angry with me for 'causing a scene'.

"Come in... dinner is almost ready." Alexa smiles, standing out of the doorway to allow us in.

I glance to Zayn who gave me a fake smile, one that's exaggerated, telling me to smile. I give him a fake one back, showing my irritation with him.

If only we could have stayed home.