38. I Love You

After the reception we had dinner and now it's time for the first dance — something I've always found the most fascinating at weddings and something I've always wanted to have myself

As the song begins, Zayn walks over closer and places his hands on my hips as I place mine on his shoulders. His beautiful brown eyes watch me as we begun to dance and others watch. I never chose a song to play for our first dance. We never found something that really meant anything to us. It's so important but I didn't want to fill it with an empty song. When we talked about it, Zayn said he'd take care of it. So, I left it to him. This is what he picked.

"Too bad we didn't really have a song that meant something to us... I always thought that would be cool."

"We have plenty of time to find plenty of songs. I picked this one... I hope you don't mind."

"I don't mind. But, if you don't mind me asking... why this song?"

"Just listen..." he whispers in my ear as he pulls me closer.

I feel his cheek against mine and I can feel his scruff scratch the side of my face. As I listen to the lyrics, I smile.

"...cause all that you are is all I'll ever need."

He softly sings the lyrics to his song of choice in my ear — Tenerife Sea by Ed Sheeran.

I grin, loving the sound of his voice in my ear.

"You look so beautiful in this light..."

It's as if he chose this song to reassure me of the way things will be — okay. We will be okay.

How could I have ever doubted marrying him?

I never want him to let go of me as we now hug each other and sway. I don't think I could have ever found someone to love me in the same way he does — never in a life time.

We found the kind of love in a few months that some people never experience in a hundred years. The best part is that I know we'll only love each other more from here. No matter how hard things get, I'll always love him and I hope he'll always love me.

"I love you." I whisper to him.

I can feel his grin grow as his scruff scratches my cheeks once again.

"And I love you." He smiles. "I'll love you forever."