Chapter 27: Let's Do It

Chapter 27

Alex's Perspective

For days the nurses kept telling me "Soon you'll be out of here and back to your own life". Well soon isn't coming quick enough.

Raegyn and the boys came to visit hourly, patiently awaiting for my discharge. Raegyn asked me a couple more times about my prosthetic. To be completely honest, I wasn't exactly sure if I was going to get it. My worst fear is looking like a robot to the boys and fans... But especially to Raegyn. How am I supposed to maintain a cool reputation when my leg glitches and beeps all the time. It's wouldn't be easy.

But then I also take into account that without a prosthetic, I wouldn't be able to walk, dance, stretch or drive. In my head those things seem more problematic. Now it's just fear of losing affection that's holding me back from getting a fake leg. Maybe I could talk to the guys and they could help me feel better if that's what I decide to do.

I've been in the hospital four days, and Jack just came into my room to visit. He carried some flowers and a box of pop tarts in his hands. "Thanks man" I said, shooting him a smile. "Of course, it's completely necessary when the food here is complete shit" he said, a tone of humor in his voice. "Jack, just because they don't serve pop tarts here doesn't mean the rest of the food is shit" I said, unable to hold in a chuckle. "Well pop tarts are bomb, don't even try to argue with me because you will lose" he said proudly, placing the box of pop tarts on my bedside table. "That's true, thanks man" I said again as he patted my shoulder in comfort.

Jack sat down in a chair next to my bed. "You here alone?" I asked, opening the box of pop tarts. "Yeah, Raegyn was taking too long to get ready so I just left. Rian said he'd give her a ride" he said laughing. "Haha okay" I said, taking a bite out of a pop tart. I noticed Jack looking at me with puppy dog eyes. "Fine" I groaned, throwing the box at him. "Ow! What the hell! All I wanted was a pop tart" he complained taking one out of the box. "You big baby" I joked. "Whatever" he sighed. I hesitated a minute before saying, "Hey, can I talk to you for a minute... It's kinda serious" I said, biting my lip. "Of course bro!" He exclaimed. "Alright, so I'm really thinking of getting the prosthetic. But I'm afraid that if I get it Raegyn won't love me anymore because I'm no longer that sexy, cool stud she fell in love with" I said, looking at the ground embarrassed. Jack looked around trying not to make we contact. "What?" I asked, knowing something was up. "Well, Raegyn, Zack, Rian and I bonded last night and she mentioned something... Persuasive... About you with a prosthetic leg" he hesitated before finishing. "Well, go on then... Convince me" I said smirking. "She said - and I quote - how are we supposed to have sex if he doesn't have a leg?" He said bursting out into awkward laughter. My eyes widened. I couldn't believe I'd yet to think of that. "Well Rae was right. I'm convinced. Bring the nurse in" I said confidently. Jack nodded and ducked out to get the nurse. Soon I'll be able to walk again.

Jack's Perspective

I can't believe it actually worked. Alex looked so surprised when I brought up sex with Raegyn. I guess he really does care for her, and that comforts me knowing that she is in good hands. It's okay though, there's gotta be somebody out there for me.

I walked down the hall until I found Alex's nurse. "Hi!" I said, flagging her down. "Hi Jack" she smiled. She was very good looking. She had long brown hair with red tints. It fell in perfect waves down her back. Her eyes were brown but not a boring brown, they had tints of green. "Alex has requested you in his room, I think it's about the prosthetic" I said smiling. "Oh I'm sorry but I'm about to go on break, I can send somebody else in there if you'd like?" She offered. "That would be great!" I exclaimed. "Okay" she said grinning at me. I watched her walk away and I couldn't help but watch the way her booty strutted from side to side. "Damn" I whispered out loud. She disappeared down the corridor, but only for a a minute, and a male nurse followed her. He walked past me towards Alex's room. The girl nurse still stood in front of me, smiling. I watched as she looked my body up and down. "You wanna come on break with me? It won't be long" she whispered into my ear and bit her lip as she started walking down towards where Alex's room was. I followed her and caught Alex's eye as I walked past. I shot him a grin.