Chapter 1: Just Another Thursday

Chapter 1

Raegyn's Perspective:

*Hearts on fire tonight, feel my bones ignite, it feels like war, oh it feels like war*

The beautifully sung words of 'A Love Like War' by All Time Low ft. Vic Fuentes fill the silence of my room. Normally I would be so happy to hear this song playing on my radio, but unfortunately right now it means that it's time to wake up.

I groaned and rolled over in my bed, smashing my face deeper into the softness of my pillow. Nobody can make me get up right now, I just wanna be left alone to sleep.

"RAEGYN!" Was all I had to hear to find myself scrambling out of bed. "I'm awake mom! Don't come in!" I screeched as I struggled to find a shirt to cover my arms. I don't feel like being lectured about my fresh cuts this early in the morning.

"Come on Raegyn, your breakfast is getting cold!" My mom encouraged. I heard her footsteps getting closer and closer.

Just in time, I slipped my bathrobe on over my tank top and yoga shorts, leaving no skin - scarred or not, exposed.

"Good morning sweetie." My mother smiled at me as she entered my room. "Morning" I forced a weak smile back at her. She looked carefully around my room inspecting for any exposed razor blades which thankfully I flushed last night after I finished.

"Looking for something?" I asked innocently, hoping to get her out of here before she found my backup razor under my pillow.

"No, no. Just taking a glance." She assured, but I could see right through her lies.

She walked over and shut my radio off. "You have to stop listening to this bullshit, it's ugly emo music." She spat.

Clenching my teeth as tight as I could, I whispered a "Yes, Ma'am." She just doesn't understand how much it saves my life.

I made my way downstairs to an empty kitchen table and sat down. My mom rushed a plate full of eggs and bacon to me and eyed me until I took my first bite.

She realized I had been skipping meals and ever since has been watching me like a hawk. It's really hard to take a fork full of fat, bring it to your lips, let the fat go to your stomach and repeat, but once again she just doesn't understand.

Why can't my mom just understand? Why can't anyone just understand?

I ate half of my breakfast plate which is a new record for me. My mom was pleased because when I cleared my plate she smiled at me.

"I'm heading out for the bus stop, see ya later mom." I called walking out the front door, not waiting for a reply.

It was a dreary Thursday morning, and I was not feeling up to school today. I was awake for hours working on homework last night. Only the rage of my mom can wake me up on days like these.

School is hell, and each day it gets worse. Some bitch named Crystal thinks she can spread rumors about me. It's so fucking annoying that she would carry this from middle school to high school. Some bitches need to grow up.

I was getting lost in all the ideas of the torture-filled day ahead I barely realized the bus approaching the bus stop. It came to a stop and I hopped on, taking my normal seat in the back, near the stoners. They offered me a joint of I'm not quite sure what and I took it. I pulled out my pink lighter and took a good puff. It was a good way to take the edge off. Puff. I just wish all my problems would go away. Puff. We pulled up to the school and I saw Crystal walk in the front door. Puff.

Here we go, another day in hell.

Puff.

*Author's Note*

I hope you guys like the story so far. I know the beginning is boring but I just want you to get a feel for the main character. Stay posted for more updates.

~M