Chapter 16: Fix the Broken

Chapter 16

Jack's Perspective

I've messed everything up. It's all my fault. Alex was finally finding true happiness and then I ruined everything. He was pissed off at me and I know I have to do something. But what can I do?

I watched Alex pace back and forth as I sat there with tear brimmed eyes. "She's fucking heartbroken and it's not my fault" he whispered to himself. "It's all YOUR fault!" Alex screamed at me. He sighed and walked out of the room. I listened as I heard him grab his keys and slam the front door.

I figured it was safe enough to leave the room so I walked into the kitchen. I found some roses, chocolates and Alex's phone. That's it! I thought. I can fix this mess!

Alex's Perspective

I grabbed the keys to my motorcycle instead of my car. It's time for a joyride to take my mind off of all this.

I hopped on my bike and strapped my helmet on. Soon I was buzzing away from the bus and heading towards the nearest open road. I felt the wind against my neck and the air smelled of fresh cut grass and gasoline, some of my favorite smells.

I don't know where I'm going and right now I really don't care either. I twisted the gas harder and I rode faster and faster. Soon the world was a blur riding behind me.

Something was taking away the pure care-freeness of a joyride. I couldn't shake the thought of Raegyn gripping onto my waist and screaming for me to slow down a little. That's the only thing that could make me carefree right now.

Since the joyride wasn't making anything better, I decided to head back to the tour bus. I parked my bike and walked in feeling calmer than when I left. I walked in the front door and tossed my keys on the kitchen counter.

"Jack?" I called out. But no answer. "Rian? Zach?" I called. Nobody was home. I flopped down on the couch and decided to watch a movie. After flipping through what we have I decided on 'The Exorcism'. We can never watch it when Jack's around because nobody wants to be woken up in the middle of the night by a naked and scared Barakat, believe me.

I grabbed my favorite blanket and snuggled up to watch. Maybe this will take my mind off of things instead.

Jack's Perspective

I dialed this girl Raegyn's number on my phone once I copied it off of Alex's. I hit call and waited to hear her voice.

Ring, Ring, Ring

"Hello?" Came a light voice on the other end. "Hi! Is this Raegyn?" I asked. "Umm yeah... Can I help you?" She asked. "You might not recognize the voice, and promise you won't hang up but this is Jack." I said, waiting eagerly for a response. "Jack who?" She asked. I gasped into the phone as a reflex. I remembered to tone down the sass since this was a serious matter.

"Jack Barakat" I stated.

*Authors Note*

Hi guys! Today I had a snow day so I decided to update! How do you think Raegyn is going to handle Jack's phone call? I want some comments on this story, don't be afraid to let me know of you like it or hate it and don't forget to vote for more updates! Love you all!

xx Marissa