Chapter 4: So Who Won?

Chapter 4

Raegyn's Perspective

It was over. I had lost.

"Congratulations! Please state your name and age for everyone to hear!" The radio raged.

"My name is Anabella Santiaga, I'm 38 years old and I won this ticket for my daughter Raegyn Marie Santiaga!" A familiar voice spoke.

Oh my God. Could it be true?!?

I sprinted down the stairs and to find my mother on the phone smiling at me. I burst into tears of joy! I couldn't believe it - my own mother got me tickets to go?!?

"Thank you, goodbye now." She hung up. "Happy Birthday Raegyn" she smiled at me.

I had totally forgot my birthday was in nine days.

"THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" I screamed clinging on to the women that once mocked my music.

"Don't say I never did anything for you" she said with a smile and started walking into the kitchen.

I squeaked with excitement and ran upstairs to my room just in time to hear the radio show host congratulate me and say that the ticket will be mailed tonight and I should receive it in the mail tomorrow.

To make sure my mom wouldn't change her mind about letting me go, I picked up my pig stock of a room. As I was cleaning my closet I panicked, WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR?!? This is so exciting but.... I have NOTHING to wear!

I grabbed my phone and texted my BFF Sam if we could go to the mall tomorrow after school. A quick ding moments later eased my worries. We will raid the stores in search of the perfect outfit.

Life doesn't always suck, I guess.

*Author's Note*

I gave two quick updates tonight and I should have another one up by tomorrow night I hope guys. I really don't want to go back to school though. I hope you like the story so far! Xoxo

~M