Chapter 23: It's (Not) A Date

Chapter 23

Raegyn's Perspective

I woke up with my head cushioned on a soft, squishy pillow that smelled AMAZING. I turned over to readjust when I realized I was sleeping on Jack, and he was still asleep. He looked so adorable with his mouth parted slightly just like that.

I stood up and stretched a little, trying to remember falling asleep. I couldn't. I walked around to see if the other guys were back yet and I found Rian and Zach passed out in their bunks. They reeked of alcohol and sweat, disgusting. Alex was nowhere to be found.

I decided to cook for Jack, and maybe it will leave a good roommate impression on the other guys. I dug around the cabinets in search of some pans and my height of 5 feet was not very helpful. Finally I dug out a simple frying pan. I decided to make pancakes. So I mixed the batter and dumped it in the pan. Waiting for it to cook I hummed and spun around the kitchen. It took smoke rising from the pan for me to notice I was burning the pancakes. In absolute horror and embarrassment I ran to the living room and shook Jack awake asking where the fire extinguisher was. He giggled and said on the wall in the kitchen. I ran back in and put out the fire, in shame.

Jack walked in yawning and tried his best not to laugh at my failed attempt at cooking. "Shut up Barakat" I remarked. To his amusement he replied, "Stop cooking, Santiaga" and sent us both into laughter.

"Ready for a day of fun?" Jack asked, beaming with joy. "Absolutely" I grinned. "Go get ready and meet me out in the car" he said. "What about breakfast? I'm starving" I complained. "I've got you, don't worry" he said with a smile. "Okay" I said and flashed a reassured smile. Then, I shuffled to the bathroom to get ready.

Jack's Perspective

Raegyn might not be the best cook but that's okay, I don't think I could have done any better. I started to clean up her mess a bit. I decided I should tell the guys we would be gone the whole day, so they don't worry.

I leaped to their bunks and noticed Alex's bunk was empty. He probably hooked up with a band slut, or even worse his ex Lisa. That psychotic bitch.

Zach and Rian smelled absolutely awful. They were in desperate need of showers. I shook them both awake. "GUYSSSS WAKE UPPP I HAVE TO TELLLLL YOU SOMETHINGGG" I squealed. "Jesus what's wrong with you man" Zach complained and turned away from me. Rian sat up and rubbed his eyes. "What time is it?" He asked. I glanced at the clock on the wall. "3" I told him. "IN THE AFTERNOON?!" Rian exclaimed. "Yeah" I shrugged it off. Rian never slept in. Ever. "Jesus, okay. What is it Jack?" He asked me. "I just wanted to let you guys know that Raegyn and I will be out today, I don't know when we will get back so don't wait up for us" I said trying to contain my excitement. I would never hear the end of it.

"Okay, no problem" Rian reassured me. "Have fun on your date" Zach said. "It's not a date" Raegyn walked out and stated.

Raegyn's Perspective

I curled my hair and did my makeup simply. I had foundation and concealer, white eyeshadow and eyeliner. I finished my lips off with a hint of pink lip gloss. Not the sticky kind, I hate the sticky kind. I dressed nice but simple because I don't know what Jack has planned. I decided on leather shorts and a graphic tee that showed off a little belly and my signature combat boots. I took one last pleased look in the mirror and walked out of the bathroom in time to hear Zach say, "Have fun on your date". I interrupted whatever Jack was about to say "It's not a date". I smirked at Jack and he winked at me as he looked me up and down. Rian and Zach did the same, examining every inch of me. "Wow" they said in harmony. "What?" I asked. "You look great" Jack said. "Thank you" I smiled blushing.

Alex's Perspective

I woke up at glanced at the clock. Shit, 3 o'clock? I was so hungover my head was pounding still. The guys took me out to cheer me up about Jack. It was a shit move over a girl.

I rolled around in an unfamiliar bed. "SHIT" I exclaimed when I saw a hungover Lisa next to me. She barely moved with the sound of my voice. SHIT SHIT SHIT. This is bad. I grabbed my clothes and tiptoed out of the disgustingly messy apartment. Absolutely nasty, just like her.

I need to go back and make things right with Raegyn. And Jack, eventually. I can't run or hide forever, it's not too late. I hopped in the car and zoomed towards Shrewsbury. How the hell did I even end up in Boston last night? The club was in some city named Worcester. It was ratchet.

Jack's Perspective

My day with Raegyn began at a local diner. I heard good stuff about this place and so far the reviews were proving to be accurate. Raegyn and I both got pancakes and coffee. They were great and I was getting to know Raegyn better. She told me about her mom and how her dad is in jail. She wouldn't tell me why but there was no need to ask. She also told me how she won tickets to come to our show. I told her a bit about myself too. What tour life is like and how I miss Baltimore almost every day. Almost. But how some days make it all worthwhile.

After breakfast, I decided to take her to my favorite beach. I found it while touring in Boston years ago. I come here every time we have a show. I like to walk the beach, people watch and think at the beach. It's peaceful. By bringing Raegyn, she can get a feel for what I'm like. I took her hand and showed her around the boardwalk. We made our way down to the beach in silence. "Shall we walk?" I gestured, nervously. "Absolutely" she said.

We started walking against the edge of the water and Raegyn would stop every once in a while to pick up a seashell. It was cute when she found one she liked. She would hold it up for me to smile at and then she would put it in her pocket.

This continued for about 20 minutes until we reached a secluded section of the beach. We settled down in the sand and the wind picked up quite a bit.

She looked at me with her beautiful eyes, her once curly hair flying around and straightening out. Even still, she looked like a goddess. "You're so beautiful Raegyn" I said out loud. As soon as I said it I wanted to take it back so bad. She blushed and looked at the ground. "I know this isn't a date, but... Can I kiss you just this once?" She immediately leaned in and kissed me.

Shocked, it took me a while before I kissed back and we fell back in the sand wrapped up in each others embrace.

Alex's Perspective

I knew I would find them at Jack's beach as soon as the guys said they were out. And there they were, kissing. And I was pissed.

*Authors Note*

Yay for updates two days in a row, only for my readers! I love you guys so much! Sending my love out to each and every one of you. Thank you so so much. You don't even know how much it means to me.

Xoxo ~ Marissa