33

Jungkook held Taehyung's boney hand, intertwining his trembling fingers with Taehyung's limp ones.

Beep

Beep

Beep

It was comforting him and driving him crazy at the same time.

Min Ji had left to give Jungkook some time alone with Taehyung. The news was supposedly being brought to the rest of their family members. Jungkook sighed quietly as he sat up, setting Taehyung's hand in his lap.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung mumbled in a breathy whisper, eyes opening into hooded slits.

"Yes, Taehyung? I'm here," Jungkook whispered frantically, leaning down to rest his elbows next to Taehyung on the mattress.

"Stay," Taehyung murmured.

"I'm here. I'll stay. I need you to stay, too, Taehyung. Ok? Please stay with me."

Taehyung smiled softly, a weak chuckle forcing its way out of his lungs.

"I'm not going anywhere," Taehyung replied, his eyes closing again.

Suddenly, there was a brisk knock at the door. Before Jungkook could call out, 'come in', the door flew open. Five worried men rushed inside.

"Oh my gosh, Taehyung! You're safe!" Jin cried.

"Thank goodness, it's true! Taehyung is back!" Hoseok exclaimed.

"Taehyung! We missed you!" Jimin choked, tearing up a bit.

"Taehyung, welcome back," Namjoon sniffed, wiping his eyes with one hand and caressing Taehyung's hair with the other.

"Stop crowding him," Yoongi told them, pulling them back slightly, "He needs space and rest."

Namjoon nodded.

"Yoongi's right. Back up, guys. Sorry, Taehyung."

Yoongi stood by the bed and put a gentle hand in Taehyung's shoulder.

"Dang it, kid," he whispered, leaning down to hug him slightly, "You scared us all to death."

Taehyung had been smiling the whole time, despite the fact that they were mobbing him at first.

"I'm sorry, guys," he croaked, voice soft and uneven, "I'm so sorry all this happened."

"No, no, no, it wasn't your fault," Jimin assured him.

"You poor thing, we need to get you home and fed! You're so thin!" Jin fussed, the sight of Taehyung bringing tears to his eyes.

"Ah, yes. I can't wait to go home," Taehyung sighed.

"Don't worry, we will go home as soon as we can," Namjoon promised.

Jungkook had been quiet the whole time, though smiling and happy to have everyone back together. It felt right- like they needed to all be there; like the universe was finally put back into balance. Taehyung's hand was still in his, and he felt Taehyung squeeze it lightly.

"Jungkook, you're crying," Jimin noted, furrowing his eyebrows.

Taehyung, with much effort, moved his head and looked up at Jungkook.

"Am I?" Jungkook mumbled.

He reached a hand up to his eye, gently pressing the heel of his palm against his building tears.

"Aw," Hoseok cooed softly.

Jungkook scoffed playfully, smiling wider and bending his head to hide his tears. He wiped his face vigorously. That's when he noticed Taehyung's shaky hand, reaching up to gently wipe a tear. The comforting action made the tears fall faster for some reason. Taehyung chuckled breathily, letting his hand drop back down into Jungkook's lap again.