16

[a/n: Hey so I have more action stuff in mind but things can't all happen at once and I think our babies TaeTae and Kookie deserve a day of fluff. So here it is! Enjoyyy :))]

Taehyung woke up first the day after the big battle. Dinner the night before had been very refreshing, and everyone, including the staff, had gone to bed.

Namjoon was calling a staff meeting today to thank all of the staff who had fought alongside the family. He was very good to the staff, always thankful for how hard they worked, he provided them a place to live and food to eat along with a fair pay, and he'd trained them all to fight just in case something like yesterday's events occurred. They all worked very hard, respected him and were thankful to him for treating them so well.

Taehyung opened his eyes, squinting at the light seeping through the window. He glanced around the room. It was slightly different from the old room, just different enough to not arouse haunting flashbacks. He rolled over to Jungkook, who was still asleep. He gently ran his fingers through the younger's hair.

"Good morning, Kookie," he whispered in a voice low and raspy from sleep.

"Mph," Jungkook scrunched up his face, "Go back to sleep."

Taehyung couldn't help but smile at the way Jungkook whined as he pulled the covers over his head.

"Okay, I will," he lied, already thinking of how to wake Jungkook up.

When he could tell Jungkook was asleep again, he quickly slipped out of the bed, tiptoeing around to the foot of it. Jungkook mumbled in his sleep and reached up to grab Taehyung's pillow, pulling it to him. Taehyung smiled, which quickly turned into an evil grin as he grabbed onto the covers. He yanked them up and off the bed, startling Jungkook awake. The younger curled into a ball and whined.

"Hyung~"

Taehyung hopped up onto the bed and started jumping on it, making Jungkook bounce around. The younger straightened out and crossed his arms, pouting up at the older who was looking at him and grinning.

Taehyung then stopped and gave Jungkook a box smile, leaning over Jungkook's face. He gave the younger a small peck on the lips, causing Jungkook to gasp in surprise.

"How do you feel, baby?" Taehyung asked sweetly as he laid his arm across the younger' stomach.

"I feel attacked," Jungkook declared.

Taehyung giggled, rolling his eyes.

"Well I'm glad you're up now," he said as he sat up again.

Jungkook sighed as he sat up as well. He ran through yesterday's event in his head as he looked down at his hands for a moment.

"Huh, I just realized how much happened yesterday," The younger said quietly.

Taehyung thought for a moment, too.

"You know, you were really brave back there," the older told Jungkook, "You fought like a miracle. I was surprised to see you on your feet. Just how did you manage that?" he added.

"Adrenalin, life's natural superpowers," Jungkook replied.

Taehyung chuckled at that.

"Where's that from?" he asked.

Jungkook tilted his head back, then smiled. He remembered exactly where it was from.

"Oh... Just something I heard..."

"Liar," Taehyung mumbled, pouting.

"Alright, alright, don't give me that," Jungkook laughed.

Taehyung smiled again as he waited for Jungkook to continue.