Masked Love 2

Victoria- So to everybody who voted and commented, thanks a lot. Im at school and I'm like telling everybody about Wattpad and how awesome it is, and they stare at me like, what the hell? But that doesn't matter..... You do! Haha im just kidding but here is the second chapter. And so Jack(Prince Jacques)'s POV wont come up until next chapter and I'll maybe posting the next this Friday or so. Yeah. I hope you like it! Enjoy. Comment and vote!  

=========================

Chapter 2- "Désolé, Je Ne Comprends Pas"

This girl was talking to me like I was her maid and I wasn't going to allow it. I knew she was one of those catty girls who once they wanted something they tried everything to get it and most of the time didn't succeed.

"Désolé, je ne comprends pas?" I played dumb and I hoped she didn't understand. Most people didn't speak French unless they lived in France or learned it as a second language. Sorry, I don't understand, I said to her. She rolled her eyes and walked to my bed, leaned down and picked up a pair of silver drop earrings that looked heavy. She stuck them in her ear holes, one at a time, taking her time leisurely. Once she finished, she spoke.

"N'avez pas montrer timides." She replied in fluent French. Don't play coy. Well, this shrewd girl was also smart. You don't find these kind of packages everyday. I rolled my eyes in frustration.

"You're good," I said flatly. I wasn't used to losing confrontations. I walked over to her, treading softly as if I was on glass but it wasn't everyday I walked in heels. No in fact, Converse was my everyday shoe-wear.

"Je sais," She responded. I picked up the dress, admiring its detail. It was simple but classy at the same time. The material was silk and neckline was a lower-case v, the sleeves, off-the-shoulder type and rippled, while the bodice stopped at the waist, and the skirt flaring at, creating a short train.

"So, what do you need help with? I got into my dress with no problem so what's the deal with you?" I asked, actually curious. Though my dress was more modest hers, wasn't far from mine.

"I know that but your hair is down. Mine is, in case you haven't noticed, in a bun. I cant have bristles of my hair sticking out just because my roomie wouldn't be consistent enough to help," She answered quite haughty. She would actually be a great match with the Prince. I pursed my lips and carried the dress to the other bed. I dropped it there, the silk flowing onto the bed.

"Well, I cant blame myself for not wanting to help you. You're quite bitchy," I said. Her eyes widened in disbelief. Maybe over the fact I didn't help her or I just called her a bitch, or maybe both. Then she smiled.

"Huh. Thank God, I was put with someone who doesn't kiss up to me. Though I like having my own puppy, it gets annoying. I might actually get to like you. Now, can you help me?" She asked. I didn't know I was kissing up to her. Last time, I checked, she was demanding, not me offering. Maybe stuff, looked different to other people. I sighed and picked up the dress and walked over to her.

I held the neckline wide open and slipped it over her head just missing her hair, slightly. The dress did the rest of the work, falling the rest of the way and spreading across the floor. I stepped back and I had to admit, it hugged her curves and yes she had a better chance on making it into the Winner's circle. She pulled her black gloves on, which stopped at her wrists and picked up her mask, which was gold with no sequins, but just plain. It fit her. It made her look dazzling. It had a handle so I knew, she knew she wouldn't be dancing tonight unless a few men asked her.

"Okay, so I want get this out of the way. I have a more better chance of getting the Prince. Yes, you're pretty but-,"

"He's all yours," I stated. Point blank. Even if I could get him, I wouldn't want him. He's just not my type and I'm mostly not his. The girl's eyes started to shimmer and she smiled brightly for the first time I've been talking with her.