“No. She didn’t tell me.” He turned away and started walking to his car.

            I pushed past Gustavo and ran after him. “Damien, wait,” I pleaded. He ignored me.

            “Please, just let me explain—.”

            “Explain? What’s there to explain?”

            “It’s not what you think, I swear—,” I tried.

            “Oh, really? What I’m thinking is my girlfriend had some guy staying at her house for who knows how long and she didn’t even bother to tell me—.”

        “Damien, he just got here yesterday with his parents. I was going to tell you—.”

        “Did you bring him to the club, too? You must have, otherwise how else would he know.” He reached for his car door and yanked it open. I clamped my hand down to keep him from closing it. I desperately tried to catch his eyes but he stared into his car with fascination.

        “Please, Damien. Don’t be angry. Nothing happened.” But something did happen. Taylor could testify to that.

        He wouldn’t meet my eyes. “So, last night . . . he went home with you . . . and, he stayed in the same house as you.” He combed his hair back with his fingers. “W-what . . . did he sleep with you too?”

        It was like a slap across the face. The shock hit me with such force that I had to take a step back. I guess I deserved it for not being honest with him. I tried not to let the hurt show but my lips trembled. For a second, Damien’s eyes softened with regret. But then the shield was back up and the hard look returned. He climbed in the seat and slammed the door shut as my hand fell limp to the side. My senses were numb as I watched Damien pull out and drive through the gates, leaving me behind. I tried to form his name on my lips but I was paralyzed. We weren’t finished, were we? It wasn’t over. It couldn’t be. Not over something so meaningless. Right?

        Whatever spell I had been under was broken when Gustavo called my name. I furiously wiped the tears that wouldn’t stop dripping and marched back inside. Ky was in the dining room, a blank look on his face. Anger seethed from me in waves. I went up to him and shoved him in the chest. “Do you have any idea what you’ve done?!” I yelled at him. He could only look at me. I ran upstairs to my room and into my bathroom. I felt queasy and sick, and I ended up dumping my head in the toilet and heaving last night’s dinner out of my stomach. I felt guilty and horrible but all I could think about was what Damien had last said. It made me most sick of all. I know I was dishonest but for him to say those things, given everything he knew that I told him, that’s what hurt me the most. I shakily rinsed my mouth with some water and hunched over the sink. The ghost of my thirteen-year old self stared back at me in the mirror. I fell to my knees on the bathroom floor and leaned my head against the door. The tears were there but they wouldn’t stain my cheeks.

________________________________________________________________

        I don’t know how long I sat there. I locked the door so no one could come in. Gustavo tried knocking. So did my parents. But I wouldn’t come out. My mother begged me to come out and eat some dinner. Drink some water. Anything. I took a shower to wash away the film of sweat that covered my body and wrapped a towel around my figure. I attentively opened the bathroom door and looked around my room. My bedroom door was wide open and I hurried across the carpeted floor to close it. Of course, Ky chose that moment to walk by.

        He probably thought I was still holed up in the bathroom, which was why he stopped right in his tracks when he saw me. One look at me and his face and neck were flushed. Despite the fact that I should have been embarrassed in wearing only a towel, I wasn’t. I was livid with anger. I stared him down until he scurried away in a hurry and I locked the door behind him. I threw on a fresh pair of black skinny jeans and a white sweater along with a beige crème trench coat and red scarf. I scavenged my closet for the grey heel booties I bought at the mall last week and stuffed my phone and wallet in the pockets of my trench coat. I couldn’t keep sitting here, feeling sorry for myself. I had to move and talk to Damien. I had to see him and properly explain myself.

        I rushed down the stairs, not caring that anyone could hear me or try to stop me. I was walking fast down the lawn when Gustavo called after me.

        “Do not try to stop me, Gustavo. I have to do this,” I said.

        “I know that,” he said. “But do you even know where you’re going?”

        I stopped. I hadn’t really stopped to think about that little piece of information. “I’ll find it.,” I said stubbornly.

        He sighed, breathing out an icy patch of air. “Yeah. Give me your phone.”

        I cautiously handed it to him, and watched his fingers flit across the screen. “There,” he handed it to back me. “That’s his address. It’s freezing out. Do you want me to drive you?”

        I shook my head. “Thank you but I think it’ll give me time to collect my thoughts.”

        He nodded. “Don’t hesitate to call.”

        I smiled and turned away but Gustavo called me back. “I don’t think you want to forget these.” He held a pair of black gloves identical to Damien’s within my grasp. “Wouldn’t want you hands getting cold.”

Hey my little cuties! Here is Chapter 21! I apologize if it's not that great, I've been having a case of writer's block lately so things aren't going as fast as I had initially wanted but please bear with me people! Love you all and please comment, vote, and follow! <3