Chapter 30

Chapter 30

. . . saw Victoria and Jules sitting on Damien's living room couch. Any panic or fear I had just seconds ago was gone are replaced with surprise and shock. When they saw me, they both jumped off the couch. Victoria rushed forward in her blazer that was so not appropriate for this weather but knowing Victoria those would be minor details unaccounted for, high-heeled ankle boots, leather gloves, blonde hair glossy and straight, a gorgeous champagne colored dress that did nothing to keep her legs warm except show off their toned perfection, and a white smile that mirrored excitement. She squealed and engulfed me in her arms. "Oh my god! I'm so happy to see you!"

Jules stood back and watched the two of us with an amused smile on his face. Taylor let me go to breathe and do an excited little skip of her heels. I was finally able to find my voice when I said, "What are you guys doing? Aren't you suppose to be in London?"

"You mean the same London we went to last month for Victoria's photoshoot?" Jules asked. I had just spoken with the two of them last night and Jules had black hair. At least I think he did.

"Didn't you have black hair?"

"You told me to dye it back," he said simply.

"But you guys were on the plane," I said.

"Yes, coming to you! Surprise!" Victoria said, her voice full of giddy.

"Oh my god!" I hugged her again, her cheeks still cold.

Jules picked me up and lifted me up and lifted me off my feet in a bear hug. "Surprise, princess."

"Gustavo planned the whole thing," Victoria explained.

I turned around to see Gustavo with a nonchalant expression on his face. "Gustavo . . ." I hugged him, warmth in my chest. "Thank you."

"Hey, anything to see your smile," he said.

"This is amazing!" I exclaimed. "You guys are here!"

"Um, yeah, speaking of, where exactly is here? Are they your friends?" She looked over my shoulder and I turned to see Taylor, Damien, and the rest of his brothers standing uncertainly to the side.

"Oh, well, actually, this is my boyfriend's house," I said, switching over to French.

"Boyfriend?" They said simultaneously, switching over as well.

"Try not to sound too surprised." I couldn't help but be a little offended.

"No, it's just, we're a little surprised that's all," Jules said.

"I mean, I already knew but still I didn't think we were meeting him as soon as we got here," Victoria said.

"Well, I didn't know you guys were coming."

"The world is filled with lots of surprises," Jules said.

"Well," I said switching over to English. "Allow me to introduce you." I turned to the Beliena family and made the proper introductions. "Um, everyone, these are my friends Victoria and Jules."

"Best friends," Victoria insisted.

I rolled my eyes playfully at her. "Yes, best friends. Victoria and Jules, these are some friends of mine. I'd like you to meet my boyfriend Damien, his older brothers Dan, Tony, and Cole, and their cousin Taylor."

"It's nice to meet you," Taylor said, as the guys shook hands.

"Likewise," Victoria said with a polite smile on her face.

The Heather came bursting into the room. "Oh, this is . . ."

"Don't worry, we've already met," Victoria said.