Chapter 36

Chapter 36

We continued to look around the mall, stopping to get hot chocolate and cookies, before leaving. "Are we going somewhere else?" I asked, extremely curious.

"One more stop. The final stop on our date," he said mysteriously. We walked throughout the city, admiring all there was to see. We finally came to a stop in a square. Snowflakes were falling lazily from the sky leaving small patches on the ground. The sun had gone down long ago and street lights illuminated our path. We walked down the street before stopping in front of a building. We went around to an alleyway, coming to a stop in front of a black door. Strangely enough, it looked familiar, and it was only when Damien knocked on it three times did I remember. "We're at the club?" I asked.

He looked at me and smiled, just as the door was opened and we went inside. We passed through the hall where the BlackJacks dressing room was, out into the very club itself that was empty except for the BlackJacks themselves on stage.

"What's going on?" I looked at Damien. He squeezed my hand in response before leading me to the center of the dance floor. "My last surprise to you." He took my hands in his and brought them to his lips before jogging over to the stage. Swinging himself over the edge, he took the guitar from Alex and went up to the microphone. "This song goes out to you Amber."

My eyes widened as he started to sing.

When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Well, me—I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

So, honey, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way (mmm...)
I know you will still love me the same

'Cause, honey, your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen
And, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory
I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
Well, I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand

That, baby, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
Thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are (oh, oh)

La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, lo-ud

So, baby, now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh, darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
But maybe we found love right where we are
Oh, baby, we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are

As they strung the last chord, singing the last note, I couldn't stop the tears that threatened to spill over. I put a hand over my mouth just as a sob managed to escape. Damien wasted no time in jumping off the stage, picking me up in a hug. I wanted to tell him how happy I was from him singing that song. I didn't want to be a blubbering mess of tears. Even as I clutched his shirt and buried my face in his chest. But he already knew how much it meant to me, even if I couldn't say it in words. It was in the way he held onto me, the same way I held onto him, afraid to let the other one go. 

My mascara was runny and my face was blotchy, and as if that wasn't enough, Taylor, Gustavo, Victoria and Jules all came running out from backstage. "You all knew!" I said in utter disbelief.

"Of course we knew," Gustavo said in an obvious tone.

"Did you really think my cousin would be smart enough to pull this off on his own?" Taylor said. Damien responded by chasing her around the room as she laughed hysterically.

"You guys," I shook my head in disbelief.

"We knew how happy it would make you." Victoria hugged me. "Why would we ruin that surprise?"

"Thank you. All of you," I said to everyone. "Especially you," I said to Damien, tears threatening to spill over.

"Since when did you become so emotional Amber?" Taylor teased.

Damien pulled me to his side. "Hey, leave my girlfriend alone," he joked.

"I think the better question is since when did Damien become so emotional?" Gustavo laughed. "Ed Sheeran always gets me right here." He put a hand to his heart and sighed.

"I wanted to sing my own song to you but the writing process was put on hold," he shot a look I couldn't decipher over his shoulder at the BlackJacks. "So this was my backup plan. I hope it wasn't too unoriginal of me."

I smiled and shook my head. "A song is a song. It's who actually sings it that makes it so special. Ed Sheeran may have wrote that song for someone special, but you sang it to me."

Then in the spur of the moment, I leaned forward and kissed him on the lips. His hand immediately went to the back of my neck as everyone hooted and whistled all around us. "Too much PDA!" Gustavo exclaimed.

I pulled away in embarrassment and buried my face in Damien's chest while his shoulders shook with laughter. Amid all the noise someone's phone began to ring.

Hello everyone! First and foremost, sorry for the late update. . . Happy New Year!!!! *ahem* anywho... Another chapter! Yay!!! I keep saying that this is suppose to come to an end but somehow I keep stretching it till it gets longer ... It will end! I actually have it all planned out but I'm trying not to rush it, you know? Thank you to everyone who has kept up with my infrequent updates and stayed with me from the very beginning. The first story's always the hardest and your patience and feedback is just amazing.  PLEASE COMMENT I don't know how much more I could stress this, like anything, even lol or something small I'll take! Im so lonely~ :P I just want to know you're there. Hope you enjoyed this chapter! <3

Ooh! Almost forgot! Be excited cuz I'm in the works of writing another book! And this time it's .....

FANTASY!!!

And some romance too cuz you know... Shush!

Anyway, if you guys like that be on the look out for it! You can get updates on When Love Walked In  and any future projects by clicking that follow button underneath my profile pic ... On my profile ... *points to some unknown place*