Chapter 44

Chapter 44

"Our first stop on 'Amber's Birthday Tour' is an extravagant three course meal at a well-renowned location." Jesse tried to make his voice sound deeper in an attempt to make himself sound British. I think.

"You guys do realize that I'm part French right?"I reminded them.

"Look, this is the best accent I can attempt."

"Then don't attempt any accent at all," Taylor deadpanned.

"And don't raise the girl's hopes either," Alex said. "It's no five star cuisine. It's comfort food. Like burgers and fries."

"And New York Style Cheesecake," Chris added.

"You can't forget the cheesecake," Will agreed.

We're going to a standard place to eat but everyone is still dressed to the nines. All the guys have on crisp suit pants and various styles of shirts and blazers. Taylor looks absolutely gorgeous in a navy blue party dress and heels. Her blonde hair is curled freely around her neck and shoulders, and a single pendant necklace covers her chest.

Damien looks extra handsome in all black. His suit pants and shirt show no room for any crease or line out of place and his suit jacket gives his posture a more refined look, making him look more mature than his age. I find myself staring at him on multiple occasions but I can't help it. I want to save this image and store it in my brain for when I'll need it to survive after tonight.

Damien takes my hand as I shimmied out. We went inside, where the waiter seated us at a large table in the corner away from everyone else. They had to put four tables together and bring extra chairs. "My brothers are suppose to be here soon."

"Suzy and Gustavo should be too. We told Victoria and Jules to ride with him," Taylor added.

"It's probably not the fancy dinner you were hoping for..." Damien muttered once we were seated.

I squeezed his hand in mine, prompting him to look at me. "It's perfect. What more could I possibly ask for?"

"A car, a private jet—"

"Would you stop killing the mood?" Taylor groaned in response to Jesse's remark.

"I'm not Blue Ivy or North West, guys. I might come from a wealthy family but I'm not spoiled to the extent of no return," I remind them for what feels like the fifth time. "I will not shrivel up at the thought of greasy burgers and carbonated drinks." Well, my mother might but what she doesn't know can't hurt her.

"You could use the grease and fat with these skinny arms." Taylor takes my arm and lets it flop to the side like a fish gasping for air. "I could snap you in half and that says a lot considering my poor upper body strength."

"Wow," I said in a dry voice. "I've always wanted to know what it's like to lose feeling in my arms."

Damien chuckles next to me and starts smoothing his hands over said arms. "Maybe some other time but not today."

The waiter comes back to hand us our menus and serves everyone glasses of water.

"Hey, they actually have a lot here to pick from," Chris notes, flipping through the laminated pages.

"We could share a couple of appetizers," Will adds, taking a sip of of water.

"We could ask for a big salad to share too," Alex suggests. "We're gonna have a lot of people."