It Wasn't Me

Soft music played in the background as I applied a very small amount of makeup to hide the bags that were forming underneath my eyes from the lack of sleep.

"Morning princess" I heard his voice. I glanced at him through my mirror seeing him lean against the doorway. I couldn't contain my small smile forming at the corner of my lips staring at my childhood best friend.

Wu Nick whose Chinese name was Cheng but he preferred to go by his American name like me came here from Singapore due to the stress he was receiving. He explained to me about this huge wedding that was going on between his family. Nicks family owned of the top five richest companies in Singapore. But because of this huge wedding with for cousin was going to be one of the biggest ones since so many people with high status like my family, models, singers, and other people were going to attend this. He explained that his cousin was driving him nuts so he decided to come here.

"Morning" I greeted back.

Not that I minded. After all I was all home alone. (Mira and Chen right now were busy working as Jungkook only comes every now and then since he works over in South Korea.)

However, Nick was sometimes annoying. He never liked to take things seriously, he sometimes acted on things without thinking of the consequences, and was just a plain arrogant bad boy. I sometimes even wondered how I managed to be with friends for this long.

"Are you going to keep staring at yourself or finally go to school?" He questioned as I had dozed off looking in the mirror.

I sighed not bother to look back at him,"Shut up Nick."

"Don't want to" he simply shrugged as I heard him jump on my king sized bed.

I fixed my skirt and curled hair before I looked over at him,"Okay well I'm going to school do you need anything?" I questioned while getting my bag and keys.

"Nope cause I'm coming with you"

I raised an eyebrow,"Why?"

"Why not? I wanna see what my princess does at school" He shrugged as he suddenly widened his eyes,"Wow"

I frowned,"What?"

"You have so many texts from this girl named Shancai. Let's see here,"Kiara something grand has happened—"

I widened my eyes and quickly snatched my phone away,"Stop looking through my stuff!"

He winced covering his eyes,"Shh no need to yell."
I groaned rolling my eyes as I walked out my room shortly hearing him follow after me to my car.

"Oh come on don't tell me your upset over that princess" he spoke in English exposing his British accent.

"No I'm not upset" I said truthfully. I just was dreading to go to school. And Shancais texts were not helping.

Considering that her and Lei went with him and his fiancé to some hot springs. She kept sending me texts on how they went to get answers out of him about me.
But I didn't care. I shouldn't have to. He's not mine and that's final. I let him go the day I told him we weren't meant for each other and it's true. There's no questioning or arguing, what's done is done.

While driving to school the whole ride was filled with Nick singing soft tunes which I couldn't help but smile at. Nick was always good at singing. He use to say it was his way of pouring his emotions out.

I was always envious as a kid whenever he sang because I never wanted him to sing for anyone the way he sang for me. You could say I did have a small crush on him but time passed and those feelings I realized weren't going to grow since he was just like Chen. He'd sleep with girls, he'd party to the edge, and I didn't roll with that and he also knew that.