Cooking Lessons

"Whoa your in a cooking contest?" I spat out at Shancai who stood in my kitchen with a serious expression.

She sighed,"I'm only doing it for the money prize. While you were gone Si helped my family and I. He gave us money that my Dad lost"

I was definitely impressed. Si did have a heart.

"If you want I can just pay him back" I shrugged taking a sip of my chocolate milk. Shancai groaned,"No cause then I'll have to pay back too"

Shancai you definitely are something else.

"No you wouldn't. I would be helping out a friend. You'd do the same for me if the situation was reversed" I brushed off as I dumped my now empty cup in the sink.

"Your not wrong. But Kiara I came to Daoming Si's sister for help since we've gotten close and talked. She said she'd help me but I also want you to help me. Si said when he checked into your background it stated you were really good with making food" she explained.

I turned around and fully faced her. I leaned on the counter nodding,"He's not wrong. My parents were always busy with work. They put me through these classes during the day to learn how to play an instrument, language, cooking classes, all that bullshit you know?"

Shancai nodded a little,"Which is I'm coming to you. So will you help me?"

Hmm teaching Shancai how to cook fancy recipes. This should be fun,"Yup I'm all in. Now since your going with Ms.Zhaung I'll be bringing my chefs and bring supplies that we may need. I'll help you win that prize. Since your that determined."

She nodded happily. And so the weekends began like that. The two of us , Ms.Zhuang and I showed Shancai how to make fancy dishes.

Shancai was already a good cook but knowing how to make these recipes would definitely help her in this competition.

Ms.Zhaung helped her with dishes that had really complicated names. But I understood why she was doing it. Each dish was truly different from one another. It was the ingredients and the creative, and art that made it great.

I showed Shancai tips on knowing when and how to combine the randomist things and together, making them perfect.

The main thing I was showing her was to take risks when needed. Sometimes the dishes don't go planned have you take risks. That's why it's important to know which ingredients help one another.

While Shancai and I were in the kitchen I was working on some assignments listening to music, with her working on some chicken.

But it soon ended when Shancai was done and later fell asleep. She was asleep in the guest room while I sat outside the room typing due to me not wanting to bother her.

I was trying to write a report for my fashion class but tonight I couldn't think straight. I was getting tired but I really wanted to finish this up,"Kiara what are you still doing up?"

I took my eyes off the screen and looked up at Si who sat beside me,"I'm just working on school stuff. Being gone for a week does that" I humored a bit.

Si nodded, but as I stared at him I could tell he wanted to ask something,"What exact business did you have when you left?"

Oh geez..

I put the computer to the side and pulled my knees to my chest,"Stuff that's too complicated for you to know."

"Does it involve that girl Seoyeon?" He questioned with attitude. I sighed shaking my head,"Seoyeon is another thing that I'm not going to talk about. You already know too much about my past Si. I don't want you knowing more"

"And why is that?" He asked, he was clearly frustrated. I could tell,"I don't want you to suffer. Me knowing will make things easier for me. To keep that promise I made you"

I know you care, Si. And it makes me sad that you have to.

I put my hand to his cheek smiling,"It's just something I deserve to go through myself. Your gonna hate me when you find out the truth. I'm like a monster, just hiding under a mask. You'll run away when I show you how broken I am."

Si shook his head pulling me into a hug. I widened my eyes feeling my stomach flutter,"None of your words are chasing me away Kiara. If anything they're making me believe your the strong girl that I like."

W—What? That's how Si saw me? Strong?

We stayed in a hug for a long while that I began to feel tired and rested my head on his shoulder,"What did I do to deserve to meet you?" I smiled sadly.

I hope the girl you fall for Si is just as good as you are to me. If not better.