Chapter 16

I stood in the line for a while, with each person entering the room for their trial, I never saw them come out again and the only indication for someone else to move in being the person opening the door and yelling, "Next!"

It was almost your turn, with you waiting for the person currently being investigated before you could go in for your date to be determined. After a bit you heard screams but ignored it. A lady who  had an undershirt patterned with purple and white with a purple like dress over that. She handed you a Manila folder and told you, "This has all of your info and records on it. You'll hand this over to a man wearing a guards uniform so you can properly be tried." You nodded your head and waited for your turn.

You kept hearing thumps and more screaming, "No! PLEASE! YOU CAN'T TAKE ME THERE!" You assumed someone was putting up a fight, not wanting to go to hell.

Then all was silent. It was soon broken by someone opening the door and yelling out, "Next!"

I went through the doors and was met with quite the courtroom. There were many people I had to walk through and the walls were lined with red velvet and had black chairs. In the middle on a raised stage was a throne with many steps going down from it. On other sides sat what seemed to be the jury.

I was trying to get a better view of what was going on and go to the place where I had to go.

I had finally gotten to the podium I was supposed to go to, only to my horror I finally saw who was sitting on the throne. It was him. I stared at him in shock, and he did the same too me. Why am I not that surprised? I subconsciously handed over my file to what seemed like the closest thing to a bailiff. Once the whole room realized us staring at each other, all was silent. The silence seemed to last for minutes, well to you it felt more like hours before Natemare bursted into a large grin and spread his arms out. "Darling~!"