Chapter 8

I walked out of my room in my pajamas and saw that Nate was not present. I wasn't hungry yet so I just plopped onto the couch, and turned on Brooklyn 99. I was happily watching until I heard the door unlock and open. I then heard Nate's sweet voice sing out, "I brought breakfast~!"

And just like that I sprung up and ran to him, grabbed the McDonald's bag and brought into the kitchen. "Yeah, good morning to you too.."

"Sorry Nate, priorities first. Anywho! Good morning! Anyway, did you go out just for breakfast or something else?" "I actually had to do something for business but I decided to be the nice guy I am and buy you breakfast." "You didn't have to do that!"

"But I wanted to, anything for you." I was busy opening my biscuit. "Did you say something Nate? I was kind of busy unwrapping this." "No, I said nothing. Whelp, enjoy! Remember that we're going to a Halloween party today at 5!"

Ah yes, Halloween, and I have the best costume ever. I was going to dress as Brendon Urie from the Ballad of Mona Lisa video. But I had a good amount of time before that. So I did what any normal person does, I binge watched The Librarians. After a couple of episodes I started getting ready, applying my eyeliner and all that jazz. (Yes, I really love that term. Don't judge me!!)

After a while I got in my car and drove to the party and when I got there I decided to be brave and not recreate Michael in the Bathroom. Instead I just stood by the snack table. I got countless compliments on my costume, because a lot of my friends are emos.

"You look more fabulous than usual y/n." I jumped a bit. "Nate! Don't scare me like that!" He rubbed his neck. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare to you. Anyway, wanna dance or something?" I didn't see why not, so I accepted his out stretched hand and he dragged me on to the dance floor and of course a slowish song came on. We started dancing, and I payed my head on his chest, it just seemed right to do so.

"Y/n, I have something to admit." I hummed, acknowledging him to continue.

"I'll be gone for a while. I have the honor to perform for all of the world's leaders. This is gonna be big for me y/n." For some reason tears started to well up in my eyes. "H-how long are you going to be gone?"

He lifted my head up, having me look him in his eyes. "That's the thing, I don't know. But I'll come back I swear!" "I-I'll miss you Nate." "I'll miss you more than you know."

He brought his face towards mine, and he gave me a soft kiss on the lips. It lasted for a while, but was absolutely sweet, and gentle. It, it, was heaven.

He broke away and then said, "Goodbye my love, I'll come back someday, I swear." And he walked away, to who knows where.