Chapter 14

I had not a very good understanding of how long I've been left here, since the only way I could tell is when the small light that the door let in is not there anymore. I think it may have been perhaps 2 days that I had been in here, this being what I believe my 3rd day in this awful cage. 

They haven't fed me in those 3 days, and once I saw the door letting in more light and hearing it creak open I immediately perked up. I didn't care who it was, I just wanted some food and to finally sleep on something softer than this hard floor. The person who opened the door seemed to be a maid who pushed a small cart in front of her. As she stepped in the torches turned on so I could see a bit better. 

She looked to be a woman perhaps in her 20's. The cart in front of her held a bit of food on it. She stopped once in front of me and slid me the food through the bars of the cage. I thanked her for it and she left, thankfully the torches were still on for a bit after she left, but still the light was very dim and didn't give much light off at all. I sighed and started eating the bit of food and drink that I had.

I finished the food and looked into space for a bit, before being interrupted by a light caw. I looked around to the area where there was a door that could let me out if it wasn't locked. What I saw in front of me made me extremely happy. It was Rocket! And he was still wearing his little hat! 

He shook his hat off though, knowing that this situation was of the upmost importance and that serious occasions need a lack of silly hats. He picked up something you assumed he dropped from his beak when he cawed at you. What he had in your beak brought a tear of happiness to your eye. In his beak he held a key. He maneuvered the key in his beak and slid it into the lock that was keeping you in here and turned the key once inside the lock. With a click it opened and with a clank the lock fell on the floor. You immediately pushed the door open and gently hugged Rocket in a hug. 

Your crow got you out of your prison.  And soon you were planning to leave your captor, forever. You ran to the entrance of the room and opened the wooden door. You knew as soon as Natemare figured out you escaped his clutches he would chase you through the kingdom and kill countless people. If you continued to stay here, still countless people would be dead and both choices lead back to you being in his arms.

The only way to stop the merciless killing and you from not being with him is simply you dying. You ran into the kitchen and grabbed a knife, went back into the hall that Rocket was waiting for you, gave the bird a goodbye, before stabbing yourself in the heart.