Chapter 37: Jason's POV

As they wheel her into the ambulance, an officer asks me if I'm okay.

"Yes, yes, I'm fine dammit I'm more worried about my girlfriend than myself. She could die unlike me." I tell the officer as tears come down my face.

"I'll be driving behind you. Just have your hazard lights on so that you're not stopped by anyone. What hospital does she usually go to?" the officer asks me as he looks back at the ambulance.

"She goes to Sacred Heart in Pensacola! I'll get seen as soon as I know she will be alright. I promise. I'm so sorry about this! I never meant for this to happen." I struggle to get the words out as I feel a breakdown coming.

"Let's get you both to the hospital and I'll question you there, alright?" the officer says to me.

"Alright! Thank you!" I say as I get in my car and shut the door.

As soon as I shut the door, I buckle my seatbelt and crank the car to put my hazard lights on. The ambulance starts pulling out and I'm right behind them. I grab my phone and call Damien.

*Phone Conversation*

"Hello?" Damien says.

"Hey man one down three to go! Although imma kill this one when he gets the fuck out. Jo Elma is *sniffle* in the back of an ambulance due to that motherfucker putting his hands on her. She was trying to save me because I'm pretty fucking banged the hell up. It's Stephen Jones! Got it?" I say into the phone as I keep from crying over my poor babygirl.

"Yeah, boss, I gotcha. Let me put his fuck ass on the hit list for ya! Got it on there! I'm so sorry, boss! You want me and the guys to drive down?" Damien asks me, sounding sympathetic.

"Can you, please? I can barely fucking function at this point. It's horrible what happened! When he hit her in the chest it was over. She was screaming so bad and blood was coming out of her mouth and everything! THIS FUCKER WILL PAY FOR WHAT HE DID TO MY BABYGIRL GODDAMMIT!" I say to him as I start sobbing while driving.

"We will get em boss! Don't you worry! Okay? We are gonna be there as soon as I call up the guys and girls. What hospital?" he asks me.

"Sacred Heart in Pensacola! I HATE THIS!" I say to him, sobbing even more.

"Gotcha, boss! Let me call everyone!" he says to me sounding worried.

"Later bro!" I say to him.

"Later, boss!" he says.

*End of Phone Conversation*

We are almost there now thank God. I continue following the ambulance as we head off of the interstate and onto Davis Hwy. We are driving super fast and we make it to Sacred in less than 10 minutes. I park my car into a space with the officer beside me. I turn off the car, unbuckle, and get out as the officer examines me. I look down and start crying again. The officer pats my back and we head into the ER. The sun is starting to set as we enter the hospital.

"Hi! I'm officer Derrick Palmer from Okaloosa County. I have a young man here who was assaulted along with his dying girlfriend, Kathryn Jo Elma Taylor. His name is Jason Andrew McCann. Can you get him to the back immediately please?" the officer says to the nurses at the front.

The registration lady types fast and nods and the nurses call for me a stretcher. A atretcher is brought out and I'm put on it along with a wrist band put on my right wrist. I'm wheeled to the back and into a room. A nurse walks in and greets me.

"Hello I'm Sabrina and I'll be your nurse for this evening until shift change at 7. What seems to be the problem today?" she as she signs in to the computer.

Officer Derrick walks in and tells the nurse what's going on and she types into her computer everything he says.

"Alright we are gonna order an X-Ray, a CT scan, bloodwork, a urinalysis test, and an MRI of your brain to check everything, okay, Mr. McCann?" the nurse says to me with a smile.

"Okay, but please take care of my girlfriend as well because she's in critical condition and I'm so worried about her. Her name is Kathryn Taylor." I tell the nurse as I keep myself from crying again.

She nods and exits the room. She comes back and puts an IV in my arm and walks back out. After a few minutes, a man comes in to take me to X-Ray, CT, and my MRI. I nod as he checks my wristband and wheels me out to Radiology. He puts me in the waiting room and says that they will be with me in a few minutes. Then I see them wheel another person in and my heart shatters at who it was. Jo Elma! She looked so broken and they set her next to me. She is unconcious with an IV in her arm and oxygen in her nose along with a heart moniter on her. Tears roll down my face as I reach for her hand. I sob loudly and constantly apologize to her that I couldn't defend her. I feel horrible. A radiologist comes out and sees my breakdown and looks at me apologetically.

"She must be your girlfriend! I'm so so sorry for the both of you. Are you Mr. McCann?" he asks me with sympathy.

"Yes I am, sir! Please help her! PLEASE? I CAN'T LOSE HER!" I sob as he comes to check my wristband.

"We will help her I can promise you that! Ms. Kathryn is an amazing patient. I've done so many chest X-Rays on her in the past 7 years. She's so brave and talented and just fun spirited. I hate seeing her this way." he says to me with a sad look.

"She is amazing! The best thing that ever happened to me! I hate the bastard that did this to us! I'm ready to go before I break even more, please?" I say to him.

"Alright I'm going to be doing your X-Ray and then you'll be back in here." he tells me as I nod my head.

After 30 minutes in Radiology, they wheel me back to my room and I think about the many ways I'm gonna torture that fucker, Stephen Jones, for what he did.

"I will come after you and I will kill you, you asshole! Be prepared!" I whisper to myself as my nurse walks in.

"How much pain are you in, sir?" she asks me as the pain really hits me.

"OH MY GOD AHHHH! NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT, HOLY FUCKING SHIT EVERYTHING HURTS!" I yell as pain radiates through my whole body as the adrenaline dissipates.

"I have Doladin for you if you'd like it now!" she says to me as I look at her as if she's a dumb bitch.

"PLEASE GOD I NEED IT!" I continue yelling as she draws up the medicine.

She puts the medicine through my IV and walks out the room. After 10 minutes, it hits me and the pain is subsiding and I'm feeling sleepy as hell.

"Please help her!" I say before my world goes black.