Chapter 14: Jo Elma's POV

I felt someone caressing my face. I slowly awaken to Jason's face in front of me. He smiles that million dollar smile that I love. I give him a small smile back in return. I stretch and slowly sit up.

"Hey there, sleepy head. Did you sleep well?" he asks me.

"Yeah I did. After all that shopping and stuff, I was wore out. I wonder who brought me to bed. Oh well, doesn't matter anyway hehehe." I say as I get up.

"Well I have a bit of a problem. There are people downstairs that know you. I don't know if you know them or not." he says to me with a frown.

"Huh? That's strange. I wonder who. Guess I'll find out after I use the bathroom?" I say to him with a confused look on my face.

I quickly rush down the hall to the bathroom and do what I need to do. I brush my teeth, do my hair, and straighten out my clothes. I get out and walk down the hall towards the stairs. I rush down the stairs and look at the couch to see two people on it.

"OMG!! Sara? Shaughn? What are you guys doing here?" I ask them, a bit shocked.

"Shaughn and I came to find you at first, but then we moved here permanently. NYC is awesome." Sara says to me with excitement.

"I got tired of Pensacola and told Sara to pack up and that we were moving. Jason here found us and offered us a ride. They were talking about girls. Jason was talking about you. Sara wanted to know that you were okay. So did I really and truly." Shaughn says to me with a look I couldn't read.

"Well, I'm okay. And I agree with Sara. NYC is waaaayyyyy better than Pensacola. And Cantonment at that. Wait!! Are you gonna tell anyone? I hope not." I say as I start to shake a little bit.

"No we ain't telling anyone." They both say in unison.

"Okay!! Thanks guys. Y'all are awesome." I tell them with a small smile.

Sara and Shaughn ask Jason for help finding a house. Jason accepts and tries to help. They quickly found one that they both agree on and call a taxi. They both thank Jason, say bye to me, and head out the door. I look at Jason with a worried look. He walks towards me and hugs me tightly.

"I know this is a shock for you, but let's just let this go and get ready for tonight. Okay, babygirl?" he says to me as he released me from his hug.

"Yeah, you're right. Who's gonna do my hair and stuff? My nails? My makeup? OMG I'm gonna flip. I gotta look good." I say to him as I start panicking.

He grabs my arms gently and says to me, "Don't worry. The girls are coming to help you with those problems."

Just in the nick of time, the girls rush in. Jason goes outside and sits on the swing on his patio. The girls and I head upstairs and get ready for the big night ahead of us. I can't help but wonder what's in store for me tonight. We get to the huge bathroom and the girls and I rush in.

"I'll go first!!" says Victoria, shyly walking to the mirror.

She does her makeup with nude tones. She looks at me and the girls and we all nod in approval. She steps out and Natalie goes in and does her makeup with bold and nude tones. She looks at us and we all nod in approval at her. Then Rachel goes in as Natalie steps out and she puts on barely any makeup. She only put on lipstick, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and blush. She looks at us and we all nod in approval and she steps out as Chantelle goes in. She goes also for a bold look as well. She looks at us and we all nod in approval. I get nervous as I step in. I look at myself in the mirror and frown.

"What's wrong, girl? Need help?" Rachel asks me with a smile.

"Yeah. I'm so used to my mama doing my makeup. I just...." I stutter as I feel the tears coming.

I think about my family and I fall to my knees and start crying. Chantelle grabs me and pulls me into a hug. The rest of the girls chime in. We all hug each other and that's when it hit me. I needed to call my parents. I had to let them know I was okay.

"Girl, everything is gonna be okay. You miss your family, don't you?" Victoria asks me with a concerned look.

"Yeah I do. That's the only thing I do miss about Pensacola. My mom and dad mostly. I hate that I left them without a goodbye. What do I do?" I ask the girls as more tears fell.

"Call them as soon as we finish up with tonight." they all say in unison.

"Okay!! Let's do this." I say as I wipe my tears and try to calm down.

We all work together and do my makeup. I wanted a bold and natural look. But I also wanted glitter. They did what I wanted. I looked in the mirror and smile. I looked beautiful. I felt beautiful for once in my life. The girls and I nod in approval at my look. We all rush to my room and pick out a dress out of the five I bought. I chose the dark purple one and looked at the girls. I had on purple eyeshadow and purple glitter on the bottom of my eyelids. They nod in approval as I pick it up. Chantelle and the girls pick their dresses and rush back to the bathroom. Rachel does her hair in a braided crown and put on the two piece pink dress. We all nod in approval. Then Chantelle does her hair in a fishtail braid to the right side and puts on the green cocktail dress and looks at us. We nod in approval at her look. Then Victoria goes in and does her hair in a french braid and puts on the dark blue dress. We all nod in approval. Then Natalie and puts on the nude and black lace dress and does her hair in fancy bun. We all nod in approval. I always wore my hair up. I go in and put on the purple dress and I take my hair down and straighten it. I ask the girls for help. They all rush in and help me with the hairstyle that I wanted. I wanted a braided bun with a braided crown. They did my hair and we all looked in the mirror. We all nod in approval at my hairstyle. I smile brightly and thank the girls for helping me. They nod and we all head to the stairs.

I sure hope Jason likes the way I look. I don't wanna disappoint him. I thought as we stood at the stairs.

I here the boys downstairs and I stand there, awaiting my turn to go downstairs and impress. Impress Jason McCann.