Chapter 10: Jo Elma's POV

I just stay there, sobbing, thinking about the things that happened to me back in Florida. I don't wanna go back there. I can't go back there. I won't go back there. I'll change my damn name if I have to. As I am still sobbing on Jason's shoulder, I start thinking about the kind of life that I wanna have here. Jason interrupts my thoughts with a question I was hoping he wouldn't ask.

"Hey, babygirl, what's wrong? Why were you yelling at the TV like that? Did something bad happen down there in Florida where you were?" he asks me with concern very noticeable in his tone of voice.

"Jason, it was torture having to live in the town where you got sexually abused by your uncle." I say to him, crying again.

"Babygirl, shhh, it's gonna be okay. I'll keep you safe. I promise. Let me go make a quick phone call and I'll be back okay?" he says to me.

I look up at his beautiful face. Worry is written all over his precious features. I nod as he turns and walks to the front door, unlocking it. He then steps outside and shuts the door. I guess he's calling someone to try to help him out or something. After about a few minutes, he comes back in with a huge smile on his face.

"Umm why are you smiling for?" I ask him with curiosity.

"You'll find out, babygirl. I gotta run to the bank right quick. I'm having Chaz come over to watch you. Please don't try anything stupid. He will try to hurt you again if you do and then I'll have to kill him. Please behave while I'm gone, okay?" he says to me.

"Okay, Jason." I say to him as we hear a knock on the door.

Jason opens the door to reveal Chaz, the guy who cut my arm yesterday. He and Jason start talking, but I have no clue what the fuck they are saying. I just sit on the floor until Jason bro hugs Chaz and Jason leaves. Chaz comes in and sits on the couch. I look at him for a minute and then look down at the ground. It stays quiet for a few minutes until he breaks the silence.

"So, Jo Elma, we meet again, but on better terms this time hahaha." he says to me.

I look up at him and say, "Yeah, I guess so. So umm, you and Jason must be really good friends I take it?"

"Yeah. Since second grade. It was always me, him, and Ryan. Always beating up people just for fun. Oh man, the good old days." he says, chuckling a bit.

"Oh wow!! That's pretty damn cool." I say to him calmly.

"Yeah, well, I mean, I guess so. Sometimes, I just wanna hit Jason in his god damn face, though. His attitude used to suck. But he's getting better." he tells me.

"Oh. Well then. I'm not gonna ask about that because it's none of my business." I tell him honestly.

"Damn straight." he says to me, looking at me with a smirk on his face.

I get up off the floor and walk toward the couch to sit down. I sit on the far end of the couch. We stayed silent after that until we hear the front door open and Jason comes inside.

"So, any trouble?" Jason asks Chaz.

"Nope. All good." Chaz tells him.

"Good. I damn sure fucking hope not." he says to Chaz.

"Well, I'm outta here. Catch ya later, man." Chaz says to him.

"See ya!!" he says as he shuts the door behind Chaz.

He walks up to me and pulls out a small package with a bow on it. I look up at him and tilt my head in confusion.

"For you, madam." he says with satisfaction.

I open up my hands and he sets the gift in my hands, whatever it is. I look at it and I take the bow off and stick it to my head, being silly. He chuckles at me.

"Well, here goes nothing!!" I say with excitement, hoping it's not something like a piece of paper or something really dumb with how much it weighs.

I open the box and I take the cloth off of the top to reveal a credit card. A purple credit card with my name on it. But it's as Jo Elma Fox. I loved it. It was the perfect first gift.

"Omg this is for me?" I ask him, starting to feel a bit hyper due to excitement.

"Sure is, babygirl. It has $20,000 on it. One of my best girl gang members will be here shortly with the other girls from the gang to take you shopping and get you all fixed up for what I have planned tonight." he tells me, happiness hinting in his voice.

"Omg $20,000? That's a LOT of money, Jason." I say to him, still feeling hyper.

"Well I have a lot more where that came from. Babygirl, it's like I said, you deserve to be treated like a queen. I'm gonna do exactly that. But that's only if you'll let me. Now, go get ready. She should be here soon along with the other girls as well." he says firmly to me.

"And what do you have planned tonight?" I ask him.

He looks into my eyes and locks his glare there. Something is cooking in his head.

"You'll find out soon enough." he says back at me.