Chapter 20: Jo Elma's POV

I wake up and find Jason asleep. I look at the alarm clock and see that it's 5:30 am. I get up and call my parents.

*Phone Conversation*

"Hello?" my mom answered.

"Hey mama. It's me. I wanted to let you know that I'm sorry for leaving without saying goodbye. I'm safe. No worries!" I tell her.

"OMG WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU, SWEETIE? I'M SO FUCKING WORRIED ABOUT YOU. LORD KNOWS." she yells into the phone.

"Mama, I'm sorry. I found a college here in New York." I tell her truthfully, in which I really did.

"Okay sweetheart, we miss you. I'll let the police know you're safe. Thank God you called us." she cries into the phone.

"Mama, don't cry. Please?" I cry back.

"I was so worried about you that I cried my eyes out over you. We thought you were dead." she sobs back.

I start to cry.

"Mama, I love you too much to not call you and tell you that I'm alright. I found me a boyfriend up here too. I'm alright, I promise. I'm already finished at Pensacola State College." I tell her.

I finished college two days before Jason took me. I was just in the middle of packing up for New York.

"I'm gonna let you go so that way I can call Uhaul and the college I'm going to for my bags. I'm gonna call PSC for my bags and clothes and stuff. I will do great I promise. I've already got my culinary arts degree. I'm about to get my music, Psychology, and writing degree here. Then hitting California for my degree in cosmetology. I'll be alright, mama." I tell her.

"Okay sweetie. Just be careful, okay. I'll be praying for you." she says to me.

"Of course." I tell her honestly.

"Alright, we love you." she says to me.

"I love you guys too." I tell her.

"Bye, sweetie."

"Bye mama."

*End of Phone Conversation*

I hang up the phone and call Uhaul to have my stuff brought here to New York. I gotta make sure to get into college so that way I can get my degrees like I promised my family I would do. I gotta tell Jason too. But I'm gonna have some fun before then though. I go to the kitchen and start making breakfast and start a pot of coffee. I hear Jason coming downstairs as I set his plate on the table.

"Good morning, babe." I say to him as he comes in and sits down.

"Morning." he says in a tired voice.

I sit down and eat my breakfast with Jason. I get up to get a cup of coffee and sit back down. I grab a notepad and start making a list of colleges that I need to call to see if I can get in to any of them.

"Whatcha writing, babygirl?" Jason asks me while getting a cup of coffee.

"A list of colleges that I need to call to see if I can get into any of them." I tell him honestly.

He looks at me with a sincere look and sits back down with his coffee. He takes a sip as he watches me. I put the notepad aside. I look at him with a smile.

"Why you smiling for, baby?" he asks me as he sips on his coffee.

"I wanna have fun before I call the colleges, babe. Like bowling and stuff. Please, baby?" I say to him with a pout.

"Anything for you, babygirl!!" he says to me with a smile.

His smile is like heaven. It makes me blush every time. I blush and turn away. He gets up and gets in front of me. He lifts my chin up so that I'm looking at him.

"So what do you wanna do today?" he asks me.

"I wanna stay here with you and watch scary movies. Just because I want to." I say to him with a smile.

"Okay. I'll go pick a movie." he says and he goes into the living room.

I finish my coffee and meet him in the living room and sit on the couch. He puts a movie in and comes to sit by me. I wonder what movie he picked. As I think about the question, he turns my face to where I'm looking at him. He puts his forehead to mine. I look into his beautiful hazel eyes.

"I love you so much, babygirl. You just don't know. I can't even describe how much I love you." he says to me with confidence in his voice.

"I love you too!!" I tell him with honesty.

He kisses my cheek and looks at the TV. I look at the TV as he presses play on the remote. We both cuddle and watch "Godzilla".