29|Begging Truth

"Thank you

"Thank you." I said as I get off the bus

It's the nearest subway to Zero Base. The downpour stopped but I still ran. Not just because I wanted to check on them so bad, but I'm also traumatized by this street. The street where I felt really weak for the first time.

I breathed in a quick pace as I ran. My eyes were fixed on the road in front of me. My hair was all brushed back by the wind. I kept running until I could see Zero Base in my sight.

I smiled a bit but then noticed something weird. Usually, the base had a van in the garage but... The garage was empty. Did they left somewhere without me?

I kept running until I reached the vending machine door. I stopped a little to catch my breath.

Lord, please tell me that they're in there.

I took another deep breath before I opened the door. At least, I hope they're still alive because I do not know what the Strays injected them with. I walked quickly inside and when I got into the real Zero Base, I saw they were all pointing their guns at me.

Automatically, I raised my hands to make them know that it's me.

"Guys, it's me. Byeol. Moon Byeol." I said repeatedly, assuring all of them

After 8 seconds, they lowered their guns but their faces shows a hint of surprise.

"Byeol?!" Jinyoung was the first to say

I nodded quickly and after that, they all ran and hugged me.

"So you weren't dead?" Jaehwan asked 

I shook my head, a little confused.

"You thought I was dead? You all thought I wouldn't comeback to you?" I asked and they nodded

"Jihoon said he didn't get to see you at the subway because he was too late." Ongwoo said and I tilted my head in confusion

"Jihoon? The subway? H-How did he know about that?" I stuttered

Does he know I'm with Samuel too? How on earth did he knew I was at the subway but was too late to see me?

"Jisung hyung tracked your phone. It said that you were at... Geoul subway, if I'm not mistaken. Then, Jihoon hyung ran the way there, but he came back empty handed. He said that he was too late to catch you. He looked very sad especially, when he got wet on that downpour." Jinyoung explained and I didn't have the time to think of what I was going to say next.

He ran for me. Byeol, he ran for you. He got wet in the rain because of you. Why would he do that? Why didn't I notice that he was coming? Why do I have to be so slow?

"I- I... " I couldn't continue my words

"I'm sorry." At last, I said a few words

They seemed to be taken aback so they looked at each other and then looked back to me.