1|School

It was like my world got flipped upside down

It was like my world got flipped upside down. Nothing was going right. For a second, I thought I was going to English class but then I'm here in the principal's office.

Why, you ask?

Because of that damn Daniel. He made an excuse saying that he wanted to go to the canteen but we ended up stalling time till we didn't even realize the bell ringing. Then the teachers found us 'sneaking out' so she called us here.

I'M NOT EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HERE!

"Skipping class for the sixth time, Daniel?" The principal asked

WHAT?

"The sixth time?!" I shout-whispered

But I guess they heard because they both were looking at me.

"You, Moon Byeol. Daniel catfished you, didn't he? Guess he's a lucky fisherman."

Wait, what the heck is he saying? Fish? Cat? What? I don't get it, this isn't fish class.

"I am indeed." Daniel said with a wide grin and I could only glare at him while furrowing my eyebrows.

How can he be happy about this? Bro, we're like gonna get punished and he's being happy. Wtf dude.

"I don't need to explain any further. You amateurs will have detention after school."

With that, my eyes went wide.

"DeTeNtIon??" I half-shouted, half offended when he said 'amateurs'.

Oh, no! I cannot afford any detention! I want to get a scholarship, no I NEED to get a scholarship. And Daniel is ruining everything. I turned my head towards Daniel and glared at him, hard.

"Yes, Ms. Moon. You two may go now." He said, returning back to his desk as he takes off his glasses.

I looked back at the principal with pleading eyes, but he didn't even acknowledge me.

"B-but." I was about to go in front of him but I can't because Daniel is already dragging me outside the office.

When we were officially out, I didn't know what to feel. I stood quietly and stared at the ground. I just got detention on my first day. And it's all because of that damn Daniel!

"Wheeew.... Byeol?" I heard Daniel's voice.

I looked up sharply at him which made him a little surprised. I believe he sensed what I was going to do next so his eyes widened and his grin faded. That's it, you better be scared.

"Ya, Daniel. My first detention, YOU ARE SO DEAD!" I chased him as he childishly run away.

My feet were moving slower than Daniel's childish run. It was hard but at least I got my eyes locked on him. This boy got me into trouble, and now he has to pay for it!