3|Breakdown

"Why, Byeol? Why didn't you tell me?" He kept asking and moving forward and backwards

He's right. The reason why I'm not in the mood to eat, sleep, learn or everything is because of the recent death that had left me broken.

My father passed by like the wind. He was the only one I had. Besides him, the house was nothing but emptiness and it's just... A broken home.

Other than my father, I have my sister. But god knows where my sister goes everyday. I don't think I can even call her a sister. She was already working as a banker but somehow she always comes home late at night.

Her mouth would smell like alcohol and almost every night she came home, I swear a guy would be bidding her goodbye off of our doorstep.

And that's when I found out she gave up banking into becoming a slut. I don't care if I'm calling her that. We barely meet each other everyday anyway.

She's really a pain in the ass though. Other than my sister, we have our uncle who pays our expenses but he lives in Gwangju. It's a shame that my uncle trusts our allowance money to my sister who only uses them for alcohol instead of giving it to me.

Mom died a few years back. That made dad depressed a little and had to work harder than before. That's why we rarely see him. Not that my sister cared, but I do. Our family are torn apart and I don't want mom up there to see us like this.

But just yesterday I went home from Taehyung's house, I found my dad gone. Not in the house. I was anxious about him yet I didn't give a shit about my sister. Who cares if she got lost in the forest or something.

I kept searching for dad but suddenly, the telephone rang. It was from an unknown number, telling me that my dad has passed away. After I found out that, I had a breakdown. I called my sister through the phone for twenty times until she answered it.

When she did, I shouted through the phone and I can hear her stuttering. I cried the whole night yesterday. Worse, I didn't even sleep. But my sister is taking care of my father now and she told me to go to school.

It did leave me surprised on how she suddenly cared because usually, she wouldn't even spare a single glance at me. That hurted at first, but I got used to it just like how normal people do.

"Because not all problems have to involve someone else." I said

"Byeol, I'm always here to help you. Why didn't you tell me?"

"What do you expect? I only knew last night!" I kept saying

"I mean, I couldn't just wake you up at midnight, who's a heavy sleeper. I don't want any of my friends to feel pity for me because I know I'm pathetic!" I continued

"Daniel, I love you but sometimes there are things that I can't let you get involved in. No matter how big it is or how much you want to help, it's pointless. I respect that you wanna help me but... I just don't want anyone to do shit for me." I continued more and I can feel a wet feeling running down my cheeks.