16|Tragedy of Love - pt 1

3 years ago before all of this happened, a true love came to Jihoon's life

3 years ago before all of this happened, a true love came to Jihoon's life. It was once Daehwi introduced his best friend to him. They were at first year of High school,  in a different school where they are now.

"Hyungs, please welcome my best friend, Jeon Somi." He still remembered how her smile lit up so brightly, bringing joy to the world.

But he also remembers how much he hated her.

Yes, it all started with hate.

Park Jihoon despised Jeon Somi. Why?  That's a good question. A question that everyone always ask. Even Somi herself didn't know.

Why?

Because she was a girl. Oh yes, Jihoon hated girls. And because Somi joined their group, he despised her very much.

But the question is still unanswered.

Why does he hate girls?

Because girls used to pick on him when he was little. Ridiculous, I know.  But he never liked any girl since then. He hates them.

And now Somi was joining the group. Everyone accepted her with open arms. Exept of Park Jihoon. He had his arms closed.

And so, after a week he still didn't want to get near her. He tried his best to avoid her and not talk to her.

But it was really hard.

He had to deal with Somi stopping him every end of class. Somi would always try to pick up a topic that maybe interested him but, Jihoon is Jihoon. He never bothered any of those.

He mainly say excuses to prevent any conversation. He'd drop off a 'not interested' or 'I have to go' or even 'can you stop?'

Somi never really mind it though. She was a sanguine person. She's the type of person who's... Enthusiastic. She's a bubbly person.

And that's what Jihoon didn't know at first.

Again, Jihoon changed his visuals for the past teen age and it made him look hot yet cute. Every girl adored him at school. His lockers would be filled with love letters of confessions instead of book.

It was unbelievable to him. A guy who got picked by girls in elementary is now a handsome man with lots of fan.  Still, the guy hates girls.

So fans of him were a little... Possessive. You see, Jeon Somi is the only girl whom Jihoon ever actually talked to in the school.

Maybe he did talk to a few girls but... That's just rejecting their love. He felt bad actually, but he had no mercy. Especially, from his past.

So when the possessive girls heard about Somi trying to get into his shoe, they started bullying her. It all started with threat notes. At first, it meant nothing. But then, her locker was full of it.

Every morning of everyday she would open her locker and find unbelievable stuff inside of it. Disgusting ones.

Notes, trash, gums, papers. What hurts her the most is when they say awful things about her. She suddenly always felt like she wanted to cry every time she opens her locker.

That didn't just happened in lockers though. In class, students will purposely throw her paper balls that couldn't make her focus.

And the worst part is that no one was there to help her.

She never told any of her friends about this. Including his classmate, Jihoon.

But she finally realized that it was pointless. Jihoon is never going to care about her. She shouldn't be that optimistic.

The bullying went on for months and that's what made Somi, the active girl,  to be a quiet and introvert girl. Jihoon noticed this. He knew that he wasn't supposed to care about Somi but, it just made him anxious that he hasn't spoke to her in a month.

And so in math class, the teacher was absent and student made their way to the canteen for free time. The whole class left except Somi. When Jihoon was about to go out, he saw Somi in her seat, scribbling down something on her notebook.

He looked at her, hoping that she'll look at him just like the old times. But she didn't. She was just quiet and kept scribbling. Jihoon sighed.

He thought that this is a great opportunity to talk to her. Once all the class had left, he made his way towards her desk. He stopped once her was right beside it but Somi was still not looking.

Jihoon cleared his throat and then the sound of pencil stopped. Somi stopped scribbling down the paper and Jihoon was already clenching his jaws. Waiting for her to speak.

But she didn't.

Instead, she went scribbling back on the paper without lifting her head to meet him or even say anything. That's when Jihoon knew that there was something wrong and that he should fix this. Whatever it is.

"What are you doing?" He opened his mouth and tried to see Somi's paper, but it was hard because it was covered by her hair

But then she stopped again. It was like she's contemplating whether to answer or not. She lift her head up to meet the owner's voice and she just gave a straight face.

"Why do you care?" She asked coldly

Jihoon was shocked. This wasn't Somi.  She isn't cold or ignorant. She's a bubble. That's when he wanted to know who was the cause of this. He was a little... Angry.

"Somi, you haven't opened your mouth to tell us anything for about a month. You think there is no suspicious thing about that?" Jihoon asked

"No." She answered shortly and went back to scribbling down the paper.

Jihoon couldn't take it anymore so in one second, he snatched Somi's paper out of her desk with his hands. Somi let out a gasp and when the paper was gone, she banged the table with her hands and stood up.

Coincidentally, her face was a little closer to Jihoon, but that's what she could care less. She needed that paper.

"Give it back." Somi demanded

"No. Not until you're going to talk and tell me why the hell are you being quiet." He said, raising the paper up so Somi couldn't reach it

"So what? You think a person like me can't be quite? Didn't you hate me for being annoying? Don't you hate me because I'm loud? Don't you hate me because I'm practically disturbing your and your time? I'm not always the sunshine. And you're not always the hero." She said and that made Jihoon speechless

"Now, give it back." Somi demanded once again

But again, Jihoon didn't listen.

After hearing her explanation only made him clench his teeth. He turned back from somi so he was back facing her and he read what's on Somi's paper.

Somi widened his eyes at Jihoon's action so she tried her best to reach her paper back. But Jihoon kept shaking her arms away which made it hard.

Jihoon kept reading the note and when he finished, he froze. He stopped shaking Somi's hand away and that made Somi stopped too.

He read it.

He read what was in it.

What was in it?