un-requited. [🍁]

...
...
...

[Trigger Warning: descriptive self harm. Please be careful. Don't hurt yourself.]

[Slight Hance, Slight Klance. ]

Cut,

After cut,

After god. Damn. Cut.

Blood covered the floor, lapped with innocent flowers.

Innocent. Lance scoffed at the thought. As if the flowers were the victims of this predicament. As if they weren't killing him.

Yes, Lance Lanu McLain, suffered from the rare disease of Hanahaki.

Yes, it was for no one other than Keith Kogane.

And yes, Lance was attempting suicide— oh wait, I've said too much.

Lance.. He's always thought of it, sure— as most humans do. He's tried it before, yes. Several times, actually. Some related to his illness, many not.

A relief was all he wanted. But once he felt the blade against his skin, digging deeper and deeper— his thoughts ran wild. He'll never be loved, will he? Of course not.

One or the other, he's never perfect.

Too fat, too skinny.
Too dark, too light.
Too happy, too sad.
Too clingy, too distant.
Too... too Lance.

He cringed at the thought, muttering aloud to himself as he discarded any morals he had left. He left small, thick lines down his arm, sighing shakily as he ran a hand over it, the beads of blood smearing and a slight sting racing through each cut. The small burning sensation caused him to bite down on his lip. The pressure hurt, the room spun.

Black spots danced into his vision, and...

He smiled.

Relief.

He'd be free in only a few moments.

Only a few... more....

"LANCE!" A voice called, prior to the door slamming open and feet running towards him.

NO. Lance cried out internally. God damn it, he was so fucking close!

"Lance, oh god, what did you do!?"

"H..hunk..?" Lance muttered weakly, wheezing violently and choking. Through his pain, he smiled. "B-buddy, just leave m—"

"No! There's no way I'll leave you!" Hunk screamed, tears rushing down his face. His head was jumbled, but he knew one thing.

He wasn't letting Lance die.

this is short.. sorry.
I'll post a part two.
And then more Hance.
Comment Lance related ships.