Chapter 69

Sophia's POV ~

Summer is flying by way faster than i want it too. I'm leaving for college towards the end of August and it's already mid July now. Dylan is also leaving around the same time as me but a few days after. Which hopefully will be easier because i'm leaving him instead of him leaving me.

Last night Dylan told me to be up early. Like, extremely early. Hence why i'm up at 4:30am. He texted me saying he was on his way to get me and that i didn't need to be dressed that i could stay in my pjs. So i had on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Looking out the window i saw head lights, followed by my phone beeping i knew Dylan was here.

Hopping off my bed i slipped on my converse and made my way down stairs. As i passed Tara's room i heard noise. Stopping, i pressed my ear against the door to try and make out the sound. It sounded like she was crying. I texted Dylan telling him i'd be down in a minute. Knocking, i slowly opened the door.

"Tar?" I asked. She had scurried under her blanket but when she saw me pulled it down. "What's wrong why are you crying?" I asked concerned.

"Soph i didn't know you were up." Tara cleared her throat.

"Dylan is here to pick me up he said he wanted to do something but why are you upset?" I sat down on her bed. She took in a deep breath and sighed.

"I'm gonna miss you, a lot." She croaked. "You're leaving soon and i won't see you until Thanksgiving. But you've been so busy lately, it just feels like you're already gone."

"Tara..." I sighed. Leaning over i pulled her into a hug. "I'm going to miss you too. I'm sorry i haven't been around much these past few weeks everything's just been crazy. But i promise i will set aside some time for just you and me to do stuff before i go. Plus, you can come with mom and dad to the parents weekend so you'll see me before Thanksgiving. And we can call and facetime." I smiled.

"Thanks Soph." She said.

"I know it's gonna be a hard adjustment. It will be for everyone but it'll be okay." I kissed the top of her head. "Plus i'm no need for you to be up at 4:30am crying." I laughed. My phone beeped and it was Dylan again, laughing to myself i looked at Tara. "I better go before he turns into a pumpkin."

"Have fun." She laughed.

"We'll make plans when i get home! Tell mom and dad i'm out with Dyl." I said walking out of the room.

"I will, love you!" She yelled.

"I love you too!" I gleamed back.

I grabbed my keys off the little table by the front door and made my way outside. Dylan smiled as he saw me and started the car back up. I hopped in the passenger side and sighed slipping down onto the cool leather seat.

"Morning." Dylan smiled leaning over pecking my lips.

"Good morning." I smiled against his lips.

"What took so long?" He laughed.

"Oh Tara was up so i had to talk to her really quick." I said.

"What about?" He asked. Turning his head as he backed out of the driveway.

"She's really upset at the thought of me leaving and for so long." I explained.

"I see," He said.

"Yeah but everything will be okay." I sighed fiddling with my fingers.

"No need to be sad now." He said placing his finger under my chin turning my face towards his. I hadn't realized it but we were parked. I smiled when i realized where we were.