Chapter 35

Sophia's POV ~

Today is the first day of Thanksgiving break. Dylan and I haven't talked since after the day we broke up. He's leaving for Jersey today. I've literally not wanted to do anything since the break up. I pretty much. Get up, go to school, go home, have dinner, go to bed and do it all over again. Every few days Gracie comes by trying to get my spirits up. She's failing so far...

Dylan's POV ~

Here i am sitting in the airport pissed off. I came back to Jersey alone. All my family is back in Cali. I had to wait for Mackenzie to come get me. I'm really not looking forward to this trip. I wanted to talk to Soph so bad! We haven't talked since the day after we broke up. I had texted her a few times but she never answered. I was interrupted when deep in my thoughts.

"Dylan!" I heard Mackenzie yell excitedly.

"Here we go..." I said while turning around. "Hey Mack." I smiled, it was a fake smile.

"How are you?" She hugged me.

"Fine i guess... Yourself?" I asked.

"I'm okay." She smiled. "Soo...."

"So...." I sighed.

"We could go now." She said.

"Right..." I said.

It was so awkward. Just the whole situation. Awkward. The car ride back to her place also very awkward. When we got back to her place they set me up in the guest room. Her dad didn't seem to happy with me. Her mom loved me though so it kinda evened out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't sleep. This is terrible! All i can think about is Soph. She's the only thing that has been on my mind. I threw on a jacket and went outside. They had a swing set in their backyard for when her little cousins came over. It was chilly out but i didn't care. I sat on a swing. I stared at the ground, at my feet pushing the dirt around. I heard the backdoor open. I looked up and saw Mackenzie. She sat on the swing next to me.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi." Mackenzie said. "Why are you out here?" She asked.

"Couldn't sleep." I sighed.

"Why not?"

"Um probably the fact that i cheated on my girl friend with my ex. Got my ex pregnant. Never said anything to my girlfriend about cheating until i found out my ex was pregnant. Then broke up with her, the girl i love to get back with my ex because its the right thing to do." I said. I looked up at Mackenzie, she had tears in her eyes. "Mack i'm sorry... I didn't mean it like that."

"No its fine i get it." Mackenzie said.

"Mack..." I said. She stood up to go inside. "Stop." I grabbed her hand. She looked up at me. I stood up and pulled her into my arms. She cried against my chest. I placed my chin on top of her head. "Come on i think we need to talk."

I tried to move but she clung tightly to me. I couldn't get her to move. I picked her up and carried her inside. She made us some hot chocolate and we sat in the kitchen. We sat in silence. She was sitting next to me. Fiddling her fingers around the handle of her mug. I reached over and placed my hands on hers. We made eye contact. Both leaning in our lips met. To be honest, I felt.... Nothing. I pulled back. She could tell i felt nothing.

"Don't worry we can work on it." She said placing her hand on my cheek with a soft smile.

"Mack that's the thing.... I just don't feel the same way about you as i did before. I love Soph, i can't force myself to love you." I said.

"Dyl i thought we were gonna work on this, for the baby." She said.

"Right..." I sighed. "Do you have like a doctors appointment made?" I asked.

"Yup. Not tomorrow but the next day." She yawned. "I'm gonna go to bed. You too?"

"Nah, i'm gonna stay up for a while." I said.

"Okie dokie night." She kissed my head and went to bed.

Sophia's POV ~

"Ahhh Connor!" I moaned.

He was sucking on my neck. I'm so drunk.... Now i was hooking up with Connor. Yeah Connor that new kid. What was happening to me? We're making out in a bedroom of whose ever house this is. It was some friend of Connor's. He invited me and Gracie to the party. I was stressed so i drank... A lot. He started to pull at my shirt. I pulled away from him. I shook my head and he smiled softly. My phone started to ring. I picked it up to see who it was. Dylan, i answered.

~Phone call~

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey... I'm glad you answered." I heard a sigh of relief in his voice.

Connor rolled over and laid next to me. He smiled, i'm glad he had some respect.

"Sophia? You still there?" Dylan asked.

"Ye-yeah sorry. So how's Jersey?" I asked.

"Cold, weird, awkward...." He sighed.

"Why'd you call me?" I asked.

"Why'd you answer?" He asked.

He made me think. Why did i answer him? I've been ignoring him for weeks. And i chose now to answer? I looked over at Connor. He was putting his shirt back on. He smiled and mouthed. 'It's find i understand.' Connor was nice but i just didn't like him like that. He left the room locking and closing the door behind him.

"I asked first." I said.

"Because i miss you. I miss your voice, your laugh, the sweet smell of your perfume." He said. A smile grew across my face. "Your turn." He said.

"I miss you too." I softly smiled. "I'm really drunk..." I chuckled.

"I could tell." He laughed.

"How's it going so far?" I asked.

"Terrible. But you asked me that already...." He sighed.

"I just don't know what to say... I don't know why i answered." I said starting to tear.

"Oh well then i'll let you go then." Dylan said.

"Well i mean if we're already on the phone, i mean..." I said. I paused and thought about it a little bit. "Actually i'm gonna go, bye."

"Bye... Do me a favor, don't drive. Okay?" He said worriedly.

"Alright i won't i promise. Bye." I hung up.

I decided to go to sleep. I didn't want anyone bothering me so i left the door shut and locked. I passed out soon after i laid down. Why did i answer him?

~Skipping 2 Days~

Dylan's POV ~

Today is Mackenzie's doctor appointment. Her, her mom, and I went to the doctors together. When we got there she had to fill out a bunch of paperwork. Then they took us in the back to a room. Mackenzie sat on the table and i sat on the chair in the corner.

"Dyl?" Mackenzie whined. Oh how much i don't like her.

"Sorry." I said getting up and walking over to her.

I took her nervous shaky hand in mine. The doctor came in and set up a bunch of stuff. They asked more questions and blah blah blah.

"How far along are you about do you think?" The doctor asked.

"About a month." Mack said.

"Alrighty we're going to do an ultrasound. The gel will be cold at first just warning you." The doctor said.

Mackenzie nodded her head at the doctor. They brought out the scanner. Squirting the gel on her stomach she shivered a little. She already had a little baby bump. Small but it's there. I didn't know you could get baby bumps that early. They got all their measurements and all that good stuff. Sop- I mean Mackenzie held tightly to my hand.

"Well you're a little farther along then a month. You're almost about 3 months." They doctor said.

I turned and looked at Mackenzie with wide eyes. She had tears in hers. You could feel the tension in the room rise quickly. I was so pissed now.

"Are you kidding me Mack!?!?" I snapped. "You knew, you knew you were pregnant when i came and visited! So when i told you i was with Soph you tricked me get bump Sophia so i would go back out with you?!? You really thought that would work. I hadn't seen you in months! How did you think i wouldn't have known? Do you think i'm dumb? That i can't count!? I know what we did when we did it! That's not my kid. I came here to try and make things better for a kid that isn't even mine. Gave up my happiness to be back here with you and you lie!? Who even is the dad if even know?" I said harshly.

"Jack...." She whimpered.

"Alright lets all calm down now." The doctor said.

"Mackenzie!" Her mom said.

"Are we sure that this Jack kid is the father?" The doctor asked.

"Yes... Dylan hasn't been here for months. We hooked up once. Besides that the only other person i was active with was Jack." Mackenzie said.

"I'm waiting outside." I stormed off out of the building.

I walked back and forth ranting under my breath in front of the doctors office. I should have known she was up to no good. Just have to go on being caring right Dyl? Ugh. Mackenzie and her mom came out of the office. I didn't even look at her. The ride to her place was quiet. When we got back i started to pack. I came out in the living room where Mackenzie was.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Home so I can be with my family." I said.

Mackenzie's mom drove me to the airport. She was trying not to make it awkward but that wasn't going to happen. We pulled up in front of the airport and she unlocked the door.

"I'm really sorry for what she did Dylan." She said.

"Me too, well thanks. Bye." I said closing the door.

Sophia's POV ~

There was a knock at the door. I was the only one home. I really didn't feel like getting up. So i ignored it. After a few minutes they started ringing the door bell. Now i was just annoyed. Who the hell would be at the door. I got up to answer the door.

"I'm coming i'm coming! Gees hold on!" I yelled.

When i got downstairs the knocking and ringing stopped. I opened the door but no one was there.

"Really?! Ding dong ditch! Immature." I said standing in the doorway.

"No not ding dong ditch." I heard a voice say.

I stepped out onto the porch. Sitting on the bench on our porch was someone i didn't expect. It was Dylan.

"Dylan?" I said kind of as a question.

"Yeah it's me." He said.

"I thought you were in New Jersey. I mean why are you here?" I was confused.

Dylan stood up and walked over to me. He took my hands in his. Looking me straight in the eyes. There was a weird silence in the air.

"I made a mistake Soph." He said.

"What do you mean Dylan?" I asked.

"Mackenzie lied to me. She is pregnant but it's not my kid. She's almost 3 months pregnant it's Jack's kid. She just wanted to be with me so she lied. I don't love her at all. So when i found out she lied i left. Because the girl i love is you. I was wrong to go there. I was just trying to do something right but instead i did something so wrong. I'm sorry. I understand if you don't want to get back together. I shouldn't have left in the first place because i will never love her the way i love you. I would just be hurting myself to try and force myself to be with her. So i just hope you can forgive me and-" I cut him off.

I pressed my lips against his. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He pressed me up against the side of the house. His hands placed on my hips. I pulled back leaning my forehead on his.

"I forgive you. I'm sorry she did that to you. I'm sorry i cheated on you with Ryan. I love you too." I smiled softly.

"Soph, will you be my girlfriend again?" Dylan asked.

"Yes, yes i will." I giggled.

Again our lips met. Moving in sync as always. He picked me up and spun around in a circle. I laughed as he spun. He placed me back on the ground. I smiled uncontrollably. I hugged him tight.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." Dylan whispered back. "Come with me." He said pulling on my hand dragging me towards the car.

"Hold on i have to change first." I said running back inside.

Dylan quickly followed me. When we got in my room i changed really quick. I was so happy, excited, ecstatic and just ahh!! Everything!

"Ready!" I said.

"Actually... Why don't we stay here?" Dylan asked walking over to me. He kissed me.

"Sounds good to me." I smiled.

Dylan led us over to the bed. Laying down and getting under the covers. That pretty much led to what we did all afternoon...

__________________________

Sooo YAY! I hope you like it!! Who saw it coming? I had a couple ideas of what i wanted to write so i really had to think about it. Hopefully i can post another chapter tomorrow considering i'm home sick with a fever of 101.6 so i can't go anywhere. 😷😭😫 Anyway... I don't know what else to write soo bye!!❤ Krissy